ICND2 Friday, any suggestions?

Element926Element926 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm enrolled in a Cisco Academy which is a 2 year program in which you get your CCENT and CCNA. I'm testing ICND2 Friday and wish to have any suggestions on things I should work on from those who have passed the test ;)

Currently:
*Watch ICND2 CBT Nuggests almost to the point of death.
*Doing practice questions on the cisco learning network (looking for a better test engine)
*Subnetting questions, route summerization and reverse engineering
*Quick labs, setting up EIGRP, OSPF, Inter-vlan routing etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Element926 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm enrolled in a Cisco Academy which is a 2 year program in which you get your CCENT and CCNA. I'm testing ICND2 Friday and wish to have any suggestions on things I should work on from those who have passed the test ;)

Currently:
    *Watch ICND2 CBT Nuggests almost to the point of death.
    *Doing practice questions on the cisco learning network (looking for a better test engine)
    *Subnetting questions, route summerization and reverse engineering
    *Quick labs, setting up EIGRP, OSPF, Inter-vlan routing etc.

Thanks.

sounds like you are well prepared and should have no problems.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Element926Element926 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, well I know how it feels to fail a test like this so I want to just pass it quickly. Anyone know the best place to learn more about NAT for ICND2 troubleshooting, config, concepts etc.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Do this: subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online
    Until you throw up (well, for half an hour or so). Build up your speed. Even if you know subnetting, work on it until your eyes bleed! :)

How is the CBT Nuggets for the CCNA/ICND2? I've been using Train Signal, and Chris Bryant is cool. But, I'd like to see another approach.

As for NAT, here is a nice site for configuring it: Set up NAT using the Cisco IOS
    Yes, I need to just subnet alot its one of my weaker points. As for CBT Nuggets they seem like almost the industry standard for CCNA, they really are good.

Thanks for the NAT link, I need to do that today.
    Passed 890/1000

Did they lower the CCNA score? it was 825 to pass ICND2 and only 41 questions!

Next up CCNP, any one know the best study material besides CBT Nuggets CCNP?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Element926 wrote: »
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

The passing score and number of questions can vary -- that's why Cisco doesn't publish the passing score.

They usually keep the number of questions on the exam within the range they mention in the exam blueprints -- but you don't know which (if any) of the questions are ungraded "beta questions."

For the CCNP make sure you use both the Authorized Self-Study Guides (for BSCI & BCMSN) and then the Official Exam Certification Guide. icon_study.gif And spending time with the Cisco Documentation is a good idea at the Professional Level.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering