Taking my CCNA today !

polmpolm Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm pretty confident in the material. I've been preparing for months now, and I've used CiscoPress and Sybex study material (both of which, I have read twice now) , along with lots of cisco.com documentation. I also got a really nice simulator that I've been working with for the past month.

I'm scoring perfectly on every free practice exam I can get my hands on. Including the ones offereed at Cisco's CCNA Prep Center.

Unfortunatley, I am still rather nervous. I hope my nerves don't cause me to chocke and fail, but I guess we will see.

I'll post my score later. My exam is at 3:30 PM Central Time U.S.

Comments

• PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Hope it goes well icon_thumright.gif
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    You will Succeed!

I was a zombie for a week prior to my CCNA exam. My mind was running out of control, it actually felt like I was going to my first job interview. As soon as the timer started I jotted down a few facts on the supplied note board and realized "I know this stuff". As the exam progressed I became more and more relaxed.

Remember to take you time on the Sims and test them thoroughly.

Good Luck
  • polmpolm Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So how should I handle the next 3-4 hours ?

Study more ? or, just relaxe ?
  • cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Sounds like your move then prepared. Good Luck
    and may the FORCE be with you.
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    You must become one with the exam. See it, feel it, and then grind it into a pulp!

Good luck!
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
    I PASSED !!! WOOHOO !!!

I got a 917.

Sims were easy; Configure RIP, and setup a Switch (Vlan int, and VTP) .

All-in-all it was pretty easy.

Thanks to everyone for all the help and encouragement !!!!
    You actually got a switch config sim? Wow, first time I've heard of that. Was it the 1900 OS, CatOS, or IOS?
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats! Sounds like the same sims I had. All the switch stuff is based on the 2950s (IOS-based).
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
    This freaked me out on the Switch Sim;

I was finishing my config and ready to save to NVRAM, when I accidentally typed "copy start run" ... the command was accepted and confirmed with console ouput. Funny thing was, when I went to re-do all of my lost configurations, they where still there !

Just to be sure, i re-entered all of the necessary commands. And properly ran "copy run start".

This was weird, and it made me wonder about something I had heard; Cisco gives partial credit on the Sims. I wonder if my faulty "copy start run" counted against me.

Anyway, it seems that the sims can be a little buggy.
    copy start run isn't quite as destructive as you might think. It just appends the startup configuration to the current running configuration instead of replacing it entirely, so it acted the way it should have hehe
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    copy start run isn't quite as destructive as you might think. It just appends the startup configuration to the current running configuration instead of replacing it entirely, so it acted the way it should have hehe

Thanks, that makes me feel better.
  • sonagccnasonagccna Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    plz share quite detailed scenario of switch sim question you encountered in the exam.because i am wondering whether vlans with router configuration will be on the ccna exam, (for routing across multiple vlans that span across multiple switches)
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulations. No doubt you were well overprepared for it.

icon_cheers.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.