Options

Failed today w/ 677

hansen101hansen101 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, the test was much more difficult than I expected (from the practice exams). The questions were very long and it took me over an hour to get through all 50 of them on the first pass. I (briefly) studied the material on this site and focused on acing the 20-270 practice exam on this site and PrepLogic. Unfortuantely, I only saw about 10 questions that were similar. Lots of different questions that I haven't seen before. RIS, Permissions, Policies and disk config's seem to be the focus.

The moral of this story is don't relay on just passing the practice exams (like I did), but understand the new features of XP (as compared to Win2k) and how they work. On the upside, trying to study and take an exam over the holidays is difficult and considering I didn't study much (but have alot of experience) I guess just missing passing by 2 or 3 questions isn't bad.

So my question, when I took NT 4.0 classes, the instructor told us to take the server exams first, then take the Workstation (Win95/NT) exams, which I did and seemed to work well. Does anyone still think this is a good idea (for an MCSA)? Should I switch over to Server 2003, then revisit XP?

Thanks
C Hansen

Comments

• Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    It's key to differentiating the exams from each other that the features new to the OS are part of the respective exam. My exam was a bit rough as well, but probably 7 of the last 10 questions were on permissions and I was very confident in nailing those.

Raw deal, but you'll get it next time I'm sure. I wanted to sit for an exam this month but workload increased and with the holidays I decided to leave it for January. It's a lot to try to focus on at once.

Good luck!
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    A lesson well learned, I'm sure.

Good luck next time!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki