New tattoo...

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
Last night I got this tattoo for my parents:
w6tc85.jpg

My mom's cancer ended up being Stage 3, but her surgery removed a tumor and all the cancer! icon_cheers.gif
My parents have done so much for me, this is the least I could do.

Comments

• UncleCidUncleCid Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats, and nice tattoo. :)
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    6 hours from picking up a pencil to draw it to the ink being done, has to be a new record. Oh and congrats! icon_lol.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, you and Gomjaba are really making me feel left out icon_sad.gif

So does the anchor symbolize how they've been weighing you down? icon_lol.gif

Kidding of course. Lookin' good!
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Wow, you and Gomjaba are really making me feel left out icon_sad.gif

So does the anchor symbolize how they've been weighing you down? icon_lol.gif

Kidding of course. Lookin' good!

Anchor is because I'm from Rhode Island. :)
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Anchor is because I'm from Rhode Island. :)

If you wanted to represent Rhode Island, shouldn't it just have been a dot? :D
    Good luck to all!
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    you should have gotten a battleship on your butt. that way you could moon them and say this is for you.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    brad- wrote: »
    you should have gotten a battleship on your butt. that way you could moon them and say this is for you.

If my kid did that after they grew up, I'd kick them in the butt and shout "I SUNK YOUR BATTLESHIP!"
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nice tat. Ive always wanted to get one, but always feel like I would regret it later in life; OR that my wife would hate it and just give me crap until I got it removed :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    No picture? weres it gone
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    very nice FTB icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Oh i see it now, internet in work again!!!!!!!!

Its hard to make fun of this because of the reason why you got the tat so all i will say is well done!! hope your parents are doing well and are very happy
    Thanks for the compliments!

I also cut my hair off this weekend:

12383sx.jpg

I'll have to change my avatar now icon_lol.gif
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Webster's defines irony as:

Very cute young girl posts on a message board frequented by traditionally sexually and socially challenged IT geek types and she is happily in a relationship with another girl. :)

Nice tattoo, I think it's awesome that you have such a great relationship with your parents.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was originally thinking of something Navy related when I saw the picture. Never thought Rhode Island had anything to do with an anchor.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
    Tyrant1919 wrote: »
    I was originally thinking of something Navy related when I saw the picture. Never thought Rhode Island had anything to do with an anchor.

it is called "The Ocean State" icon_lol.gif

Rhode Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    snadam wrote: »
    nice tat. Ive always wanted to get one, but always feel like I would regret it later in life; OR that my wife would hate it and just give me crap until I got it removed :)

In the same boat here. In times past when I thought it would be sweet to get a tat I've always held off knowing that I would regret it later. Seems to me that what my likes are now will change in 5 or so years.

But none the less, cool tat :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940

Which makes sense because there's not much land there... icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Which makes sense because there's not much land there... icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif so true
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    snadam wrote: »

Honestly, it depends on where you put it. I got my first tat on my shoulder. Nice and easy to hide.

The key is to start small and get something meaningful. Don't go insane and get full sleeves your first time out.

When I got mine, it wasn't even something I planned for. I was having lunch with a friend, the subject came up, and we decided to just go do it. Right then. An hour later, we have an appointment for a few hours later (they wouldn't let us go right then, basically a cooling off period to make sure we really wanted to do it).

I was extrememly nervous while waiting, not about the longterm consequences, but about the damn needle. When the time came, I was laughing at myself, I've suffered *much* more discomfort during a routine checkup at the doctors.
  • loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Oh no... you're a red sox fan....
    loxleynew wrote: »
    Oh no... you're a red sox fan....

Born and Raised. icon_cheers.gif
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    excelllllent.. Go SOX icon_thumright.gif

2038207620058018713S200x200Q85.jpg
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    I'm a rockies fan. You ruined my dreams and hopes! i kid kid.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Damn you photogenic types and your "nice-looking pictures". icon_lol.gif

Nice tattoo, I remember seeing you post the sketch for it.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    lol @ the people who have to give their loyalty to other states' teams since they have none of their own ;)
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    lol @ the people who have to give their loyalty to other states' teams since they have none of their own ;)

Or lol @ the people who give their loyalty to other states' teams since well.... umm Milwaukee Brewers.