Options

Idea on InfoSec Certifications

sambansamban Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have 3 years of experience in InfoSec domain, specialized in user access control management.

Now I am planning to do some certification courses. Can anyone advise on what are the available options related to my specialization.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    samban wrote: »
    Hi,

I have 3 years of experience in InfoSec domain, specialized in user access control management.

Now I am planning to do some certification courses. Can anyone advise on what are the available options related to my specialization.

Thanks in advance

I am not familiar with any specialized access control management certifications. I know of a few certifications which cover user access control management like Security + and user access control management is one of the domains in the CISSP. Security+ has two year recommended experience, while the CISSP has 5 year required. Depending on your work experience you may be able to justify the 2 additional years, or just become an Associate of ISC2 and get the CISSP when you have enough experience.

There are probably vendor specific certifications which relate to access control and their specific products, like firewalls, routers, etc.

Good luck!
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Network access control is pretty much the firewall certs from Cisco, Juniper, SANS, etc. Operating system access control would be the Microsoft MCSA and MCSE. Maybe it's time to broaden your career specialties.