Lost Round 1

ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
But I get round 2 courtesy of second shot. :D

I posted a 548 loss today on the 294. I was comfortable with the material, but I knew I was not 100%. I did want to expand my dollar on the second shot prior to the end of the month.

There were no real surprises, but I feel that I've read the wall street journal a few times already today.

On a side note, I get confused on their topology drag and drop questions. It seems as if they just place a square just anywhere on the screen. What is the best method of determining what they are trying to ask? It is not always easy and often looks like a 3rd grader drew a map to a buried treasure. I had one topology that I could not determine where the items belonged; so I had to just eliminate where it didn't belong.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    That's how they getcha, thank goodness for that 2nd shot. Good luck with the retake! icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the retake...I was in the same situation when I took the test a couple weeks ago. I was getting 80-90% on my Self Test exams, and I just didn't have the motivation to dig in to get the last few details down 100%. I failed by a few points on my first attempt, found my motivation to read the MS Press book, and got by with a pass on the second shot.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Yeah, this one is tricky. Wording is everything so pay close attention because they like to throw in a lot of useless info.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I had difficulties with the drag'n'drops as well when I did this one. One of them unless I was completely misunderstanding the question had two (out of three) right answers. Which maybe it was supposed to, I don't know. But it bothered me. Good luck on your second shot! This one is pretty tough.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    Well, I am back at it again. I have setup a virtual machines and will use AD topology to move around some roles, site replication, trusts, GPOs, and other hot topics. I am putting more logic into this as I am creating sites using real world examples (the recent bankrupcy of some automakers) and how they transition thru phases of ownership. This should help to make sense of these topics.

I will also try to find a site on different illustrations of AD topologies so that I might understand what is being asked.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. At least you now have a feel for the exam and I'm sure you'll kick its butt next time!
  • nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass, good luck at bolstering your knowledge before the next attempt!
    There were no real surprises, but I feel that I've read the wall street journal a few times already today.

I'm curious as to what you meant by this?

Regards, nielpeel.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    nielpeel wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass, good luck at bolstering your knowledge before the next attempt!

I'm curious as to what you meant by this?

Regards, nielpeel.

Very lengthy, very wordy, and often unreleated to the question. I was not surprised as they have a tendancy to present a problem then talk about unreleated material.
  • nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ha-ha I see now! A symptomatic issue with Microsoft questions as we are all aware icon_smile.gif

Did you get any sims in your exam?
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!