CEH Certificate Delay

zen masterzen master Member Posts: 222
Hey guys, is anyone else experiencing an unusually long delay in getting their CEH certificate?

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    How long has it been? It's been a month and I haven't gotten mine either, but they say it can take 8 weeks.
  • zen masterzen master Member Posts: 222
    I passed the exam in September last year.
    You need to get in touch with them. You need to get your ID so you can complete your continuing education in 2009.
    Actually just looked this up and found this:

When do I receive my membership welcome kit?
    4 to 6 weeks after passing the exams.

I thought it was up to 8, but apparently it's 6. Still one more week for me, though.
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    You need to get in touch with them. You need to get your ID so you can complete your continuing education in 2009.

The testing center where I did the exam just asked me to fax them my score report. So said, so done. I sent them an email again just now asking what the deal is.
    This is the word I got back from the testing center. They're saying EC-Council have an internal problem and because of this they had a problem of shipping the certificates to my country. Other companies around the world seem to be having problems receiving their certificates also. Within two weeks I should get my certificate.
    I used the contact page on ec-council's website and said I hadn't been mailed my welcome kit.

I received an e-mail a few days later saying it was mailed out last week and they included the tracking code for USPS. It was mailed from Hong Kong...
    This situation keeps getting curiouser and curiouser. Apparently, my country hasn't gotten any mail from Hong in the last 6 months.
    Got my cert and materials, signed up on the portal, and began checking out the continuing education. It doesn't look too bad. Hopefully, I can find a way to double-up on some of this stuff though and have it apply to other things later on.
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    Does ECCouncil send you a congrats or welcome email? Or do you just have to wait for the welcome packet?

So, far, I am not feeling the love.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    Does ECCouncil send you a congrats or welcome email? Or do you just have to wait for the welcome packet?

So, far, I am not feeling the love.

No... you just have to wait for the welcome packet.
    I find it very interesting that my CNDA cert coming from Malaysia got here quicker (5 days) than the CEH which I am pretty sure came from the U.S. (3.5 weeks). CNDA was sent express via DHL and CEH via FedEx. I wonder why they don't send the CEH package express also.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Isn't the CNDA the CEH, but for US Government employees? Hope you didn't take the test twice....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Isn't the CNDA the CEH, but for US Government employees? Hope you didn't take the test twice....

Yes they are the same.I did not take the test twice, I just submitted the application. Figured that if I was going to get the $50 back, then why not do it.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice, just making sure!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    carboncopy wrote: »
    Yes they are the same.I did not take the test twice, I just submitted the application. Figured that if I was going to get the $50 back, then why not do it.

You don't need specifics, but what made you eligible for the CDNA? I wanted to know if I may be eligible for CDNA, because I work for a major government contractor and have enough ties to a specific government program to warrant being cleared.

I'll also email EC-Council as well.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
    You don't need specifics, but what made you eligible for the CDNA? I wanted to know if I may be eligible for CDNA, because I work for a major government contractor and have enough ties to a specific government program to warrant being cleared.

I'll also email EC-Council as well.

I work for a major government contractor, and I got the CEH cert. Sounds like you are also eligible.You just have to wait till you get your CEH cert because they will need you to fax them or email them a copy of it.

FAQ

EC-Council | CNDA FAQ

Requirements:
    1. You must have completed the CEH certification.
    2. You must work for any US Government Agency.

Steps in achieving the CNDA certification

Complete the CNDA application form and attach the following documents:

1. CNDA application form

2. Attach a copy of the CEH certificate

3. Attach documents that proves you work for US Government Agency (ID cards, employment letters or any other non-classified documents)

4. Pay USD $50 administrative fee at https://www.2checkout.com/2co/buyer/purchase?sid=51789&quantity=1&product_id=40 and attach a copy of the online order receipt.

Fax the above documents to 1-212-202-3500. If your application is accepted then you will receive your

CNDA welcome kit by FedEx in 4 week’s time. Your approval will also be communicated to you through e-mail.

Note: EC-Council will adhere to strict US privacy laws and will not disclose the submitted informationto any third party.
  • BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't bother with getting the CNDA, it is not needed.

To the original questions about length of time to get the welcome kit.. it typically takes the full 8 weeks, but EC-Council has been re-structuring and plans to get them out to people within 4 weeks.

BillV
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    $50 just to change CEH to CDNA, what a scam...
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA