Options

Is that Sufficient ?!?!

#snoop#snoop Banned Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am reading Cram Sessions CompTIA Network+ N10-003 notes for the time being until I recieve the CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Study Guide: (Exam N10-004) for a detailed study. Will this book be sufficient enough to pass the exam? Also how much time is generally needed to prepare fully for the exam in general for a person with no industry work experience? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    The best advice is that you need to study as much as you can. It's always best to over do studying for an exam to be safe.

I haven't taken it yet, but I will in a few weeks.

Good luck buddy!
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    #snoop wrote: »
    I am reading Cram Sessions CompTIA Network+ N10-003 notes for the time being until I recieve the CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Study Guide: (Exam N10-004) for a detailed study. Will this book be sufficient enough to pass the exam? Also how much time is generally needed to prepare fully for the exam in general for a person with no industry work experience? Thanks!

If you have experience, yes that is a great book (my copy just arrived today).

However, for any exam prep, in addition to ones experience it is wise to use as many resources as reasonable. The PDF on this site is very good and is still valuable for the latest exam, particularly if you are using Sybex or Meyers books.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    #snoop#snoop Banned Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am reading CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Study Guide: (Exam N10-004) and besides I'd like to buy Network+ Exam Cram 2 Lab Manual so that I can get some hands-on experience and CompTIA Network+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition.

Do I actually need to buy so many books to pass the exam? Or can I skip one of the above.

What do you guys think about Exam Cram books and Lab manuals?

• Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    The Network Deluxe OR the All-in-One will be sufficient to pass the test. Reading both will benefit you more, obviously, but remember it's CompTIA and not Microsoft - Questions are not going to be detail oriented. When I first started the cert scene I got way too bogged down with all the little details in the books and got way stressed out, it was all unnecessary.

Read the books, do the practice tests.. when you score 85% to 90% consistenly on the practice tests you are ready for the real thing.

I have not tried the lab books with Exam Cram yet. I am not sure if Labs will help with Network+. It's a vendor neuteral exam, and pretty basic and straight forward. It couldn't hurt you though to do them. :)
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics