This is sooo discouraging!

brownhorsebrownhorse Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys,

I was trying to locate Network+ Exam Objective and found it on CompTIA site. CompTIA states that " If you have night month plus experience in Network Support, this cert is IDEAL for you"

I work in IT helpdesk and provide a very basic and occassional level 1 Network support. Does this mean Network+ is not intended for individuals like myself? is this exam more likely for Network Administrators?

My goal is to become a network Admin...

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's the most entry-level networking cert you can get. If you're a little short on experience, you'll just have to study a bit more. It's really nothing to be worried about.
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Network+ is a good entry level exam but like all certs you have to work above and beyond just the certification in order to achieve your goal as a net admin or sys admin. I started as a help desk support tech about 6-7 years ago. I got my A+ then my Network + , my Linux + before I landed a job as a Network Technician. I then became a Systems Administrator. I didn't become one solely because of my certs but because my employer seen a desire to go above and beyond the certs in order to learn what I needed/wanted to know. I give this advice to everyone who has aspirations on moving up the IT chain, be passionate about IT. Don't just take it as a mere job. Passion to me is the key.
  • brownhorsebrownhorse Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Network+ is a good entry level exam but like all certs you have to work above and beyond just the certification in order to achieve your goal as a net admin or sys admin. I started as a help desk support tech about 6-7 years ago. I got my A+ then my Network + , my Linux + before I landed a job as a Network Technician. I then became a Systems Administrator. I didn't become one solely because of my certs but because my employer seen a desire to go above and beyond the certs in order to learn what I needed/wanted to know. I give this advice to everyone who has aspirations on moving up the IT chain, be passionate about IT. Don't just take it as a mere job. Passion to me is the key.

Very well said.. And yes, IT has become a great passion for me as well. I have been in the IT helpdesk for about three years and my plan is to continue moving up in IT. I am really excited about advancing my skills in Networking side of IT.. Once I get my network+ cert, I am joining my local comm college for CCNA this coming Fall. I will then self study for MCSA after completing CCNA.. do you think that will prepare me for a Network Admin?

Thanks again for all your help