Passed my 70-290 today!!!!!

techjsteeletechjsteele Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
I scheduled the test yesterday, and decided to just go for it to see if I would pass, and I did! Now its onto the 70-291. Woohoo!
What some people refer to as luck is often a coincidence of preparation meeting opportunity

Comments

• tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well done !!!.. will be taking mine 2 weeks time ... can u tell wich materials u use for preperation ?....
    B.Science Information Systems
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • techjsteeletechjsteele Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tribe_menx wrote: »
    well done !!!.. will be taking mine 2 weeks time ... can u tell wich materials u use for preperation ?....

Thanks!

I have worked with Windows 2003 for a while now, so I took my hands-on experience with me to the test and not much else. However, my co-workers recommend reading this book:

Microsoft 70-290 book

Also, if you have the resources at home, download some trial versions of Windows 2003, install virtualization software (virtualbox is freeware software that you can use), install Windows in the virtual environment, and practice using Remote Desktop, Windows Backup, Terminal Services, IIS, Active Directory setup & maintenance (specifically user/group account creation, file permissions, etc). Hand-on experience with these topics is important, because there will be some simulation questions that will require you to know how to do these tasks. Hope that helps!
    skrpune wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks!
    What some people refer to as luck is often a coincidence of preparation meeting opportunity
  • tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the MSPRESS book...... and at work i do have 2 webservers running OS '2003 and at home i have vmware i took from work .. lucky enough company am workin for is license for alot of gadgets for me to play around with .......

CBT nuggets is one i use the most .. time ran out for me to buy testut stuff ......
    for practical exam i use the one form the MSPRESS book .... but is damm difficut

but thanks :)
    B.Science Information Systems
  • eliot75eliot75 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I studied from MS Book, no lab work, did some tests before exam with 50% success, and I passed with 724. Took me 2 weeks of learning, 1-2 hours a day. Note, that I worked with Windows Server 2003 only for a couple of month in the past, was doing some Active Directory management and daily Troubelshooting.

Now I'm preparing to 291, heard that it's harder then 290, so I ordered Transcender Exam kit, hope this helps.

Eliot
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

Tribe Menx - if i remember, we did our vista ones at the same time last month, looks like we will be hitting the 290 at the same time too. Mine is scheduled for 6th July. Good luck! :)