Options

Some Consulting Questions

murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wanted to swing some questions by you guys about some consulting questions.

1.) Do clients pay for all parts? Servers, firewall..etc.
2.) Do you build, build to order or suggest a certain product line for all of your servers?
3.) How much do your servers cost on the average?
5.) What invoice program do you use to bill clients?
Next up
CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
ITIL Intermediate Service Operations

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi there,

nice questions :)

i'll try to answer those, but this is only a general view and might differ from one another :)
    1.) Do clients pay for all parts? Servers, firewall..etc.

yes, absolutely. 2 common methods of purchase : bundled with the project, or a retail one.
    2.) Do you build, build to order or suggest a certain product line for all of your servers?

mostly we dont build a basic/common usage machine,
    so we only refer to some product line, and usually customer pick their preference for example : one chooses dell for their servers, one chooses ibm and so forth.
    3.) How much do your servers cost on the average?

this is very relative question. it really depends on which platform the price refers to. we cant compare an HPC to a standard/basic/common/entry-level server. but, as a general guidance only - currently (and may change in seconds) tipically for SMBs-SMEs intermediate-level servers is a quad-core 2U platform, price? cant compare between one vendor and the other, but generally an out of the box x86 servers is around USD 3000 (in my country that is).
    5.) What invoice program do you use to bill clients?

we build a custom OSS-based software using mysql & php, a long with troubleshooting ticket software etc. and there are a lot more a like from the OSS community. but, if you prefer the microsoft windows solution - then MS dynamic GP is a good one.

HTH.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.