A+ OS help!

prety_kar538prety_kar538 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just want to ask anybody who took a+ os if there are mac and linux included in the exam. I really need it... Thank you in advance..

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Look at the objectives at ComTIA, http://comptia.com/certification/a/default.aspx

You might get a question under Domain 4 concerning which client, service, or protocol is needed for Windows to interface with a Novell network, or which ones are needed for a MAC or for a Linux OS to interface with a Windows network, but most of the exam Domain headings I see strictly list M$ OSs. It was a quick look that I took however.

You may see a post by someone who says something about a question about Linux OS or a MAC computer, but remember, you will likely have questions which CompTIA may be trying out for an exam upgrade or just for trial purposes and they won't carry any weight on the exam score at all.

So, my advice is, just be sure you know what it takes for a MAC or a PC with Linux OS to interface with a windows network, and I doubt it will go beyond that, if it goes there at all.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    janmike is right, that's all I recall studying for the A+ exam. Even at that, I don't think I had a question which asked for the information.
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didnt have one mac question
  • DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    The only Mac related question I had was when I was asked about what new network Protocols were supported by Win2k. One of the answers was AppleTalk.
  • cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    yeah no mac questions,only maybe an Appletalk question.
    No real linux either maybe an ifconfig
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I didn't get a question on either topic.
    i remain, he who remains to be....