Options

Modem problems

exit12exit12 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

Just intsalled xp on a friends machine and had a spare internal modem lying about which I put in. Problem is, I can't get XP to recognise it at all.
Its and ISA non plug and play. I downloaded the relevant drivers etc... but still can't get the system to recognise it. Are there just some devices that are not compatible with xp or is there a special way to add it. I know the modem works as I used it fine with red hat linux.

Cheers folks :D
Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.

Comments

• Options
    exit12exit12 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Folks.

Regadring my problem with the modem, I have now fixed it. I noticed that there was jumpers on the modem that could be chaged so it became plug and play. Once I did this, xp automatically picked it up.! woo hoo :D
    Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    That's what you call troubleshooting!

D-boy
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    the first modem i had was non-pnp. i was using win95 at the time. you had to set irq and com on the card, so i booted the machine to see what was available, set them up on the card, booted it and it had changed. so it took a few goes for it to settle.
    A+ Moderator