Network+ 2007 still available??

chrisDCchrisDC Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can I still get a voucher to take the old exam (2007) before June 30?

I kept putting off buying the voucher, now the CompTIA purchase site now says voucher good through December 31, 2009 instead of June 30, 2009. Did I miss the deadline for the old test? I can't find an exam # on the site.

I'm not wasting my time and $239 on Net+ if they've arbitrarily raised
the passing score from 63% to 80%. That's the only reason I was going to do
it anyway. Otherwise continuing on with Security track.

Comments

• no1stunna2kno1stunna2k Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    chrisDC wrote: »
    Can I still get a voucher to take the old exam (2007) before June 30?

I kept putting off buying the voucher, now the CompTIA purchase site now says voucher good through December 31, 2009 instead of June 30, 2009. Did I miss the deadline for the old test? I can't find an exam # on the site.

I'm not wasting my time and $239 on Net+ if they've arbitrarily raised
    the passing score from 63% to 80%. That's the only reason I was going to do
    it anyway. Otherwise continuing on with Security track.

it's still available. I passed the test last Monday. (Net+ 2007)
  • redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    It expires July 31st I think. At least that's what my teacher told me....

Get on the ball if you wanna take it right away!!
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    There is a big difference between voucher expiration and exam objective expiration.

The vouchers for Network+ are not objective specific...so if you buy a Network+ voucher, you can use it for either the 2005/2007 exam (available until July 31st) or for the 2009 exam (the new one that just came out). You select the exam (N10-003 or N10-004) when you register with Prometric or Pearson Vue to take the exam.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • chrisDCchrisDC Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That helps alot. I wanted Net+ even though I am a on a security track in my career.

I didn't want to pay $240 and blow it because I missed some AppleTalk questions.

I think the increase in emphasis on wireless and security on the new exam are good but won't result in more employment credentials for the exam in the short term. If they wanted that, CompTIA would remove more outdated material or material not relevant to a network technician.