Passed 70-237

Scored 914. I'm especially pleased with the score because I was actually worried about this exam. First, MS design exams and I do not get along - I passed both 297 and 285 with a 700. Second, I was doing terrible on the MeasureUp exam that came with the MSPress book last night. It did have some questions that were just wrong, but there were other questions relating to material that I didn't remember covering at all and that had me worried.

I thought the test was easier than 236 because it was more of an Exchange exam and less of a powershell exam. 236 also covers a lot of information while 237 focuses on the design process of the core components covered in 236. Fewer questions as well.

Materials used:
Sybex MCITP: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Messaging Design and Deployment Study Guide: Exams 70-237 and 70-238
MS Press MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-237)
Transcender practice exam

Several firsts with this exam. According to the Elias certification bureau:
  1. First time I used a Transcender practice test. I never used them because I thought they were too expensive, but my company has a subscription and it seemed like a shame to let it go to waste.
  2. First time I had an exam delayed due to Prometric problems. The site had problems loading the exam this morning so I had an extra hour of study time.
  3. First person in my company to pass this exam (if our internal website is correct).
Next, 71-680 next week. After that, 70-238 some time in June.

Comments

• rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Great score man. Congratzicon_thumright.gif
    By the way, I'd love to pass my 70-285 the coming week or the next, with your same score.
    Good luck for your next step too.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dude, you ruined our streak of identical scores. Oh well, at least you still have a chance to get a 700 on 238 icon_cool.gif

Congrats, and good luck on the next two!
  • tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    Sorry to kind of bring this post back from the dead.

I've got 70-237 on Monday and I'm doing well on the measureup exams but I'm finding it similar to 70-236 in that it's too easy to knock out the incorrect answers. Also it doesn't look to follow the same format as the 70-297 which is great because I hate the format of the 297. How did everyone find this exam?
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tenrou wrote: »
    How did everyone find this exam?

Way too easy. Much easier than 236/238.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    Well, I passed the exam fine. Only dropped points were on security which is pretty much a given for me because Security just doesn't hold my interest.

I think I'm going to watch the sec+ CBT Nuggets just to get a better handle on security stuff. I've no real desire to sit the exam but any additional knowledge is always a good thing.