Cissp Exam info

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
I know this might be posted elsewhere, but I can't find it at ISC2.

1. I have a copy of the candidate information bulliten, for each domain it list's key areas of knowledge; is there a complete list of objectives out there? I am already familiar with the ten domains.

2. Is there a architecture sheet for the exam anywhere that will tell me what percentage of the exam is composed of say encryption and what percentage is physical security?

3. Are all the questions weighted the same / worth the same amount of points?

4. How many questions are there currently, I read a post that said 250, but I think that was an older post.

Thanks.

Comments

• unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    slinuxuzer wrote: »
    I know this might be posted elsewhere, but I can't find it at ISC2.

1. I have a copy of the candidate information bulliten, for each domain it list's key areas of knowledge; is there a complete list of objectives out there? I am already familiar with the ten domains.

2. Is there a architecture sheet for the exam anywhere that will tell me what percentage of the exam is composed of say encryption and what percentage is physical security?

3. Are all the questions weighted the same / worth the same amount of points?

4. How many questions are there currently, I read a post that said 250, but I think that was an older post.

Thanks.

1. The best source I have seen is Shon Harris' All-In-One Book. I am sure there is one online somewhere.

2. No. Each test is a unique and special snowflake. You can get a feel for what other people are experiencing by visiting the cccure.org website. There people post their own personal feelings about their invidivual test objectives. Some feel their tests are heavy on cypto, while some feel they are heavy on BCP/DR (like me).

3. All the questions are weighted differently. There is no publicly available magic formula. That is ISC2's secret sauce/special recipe.

4. There are a total of 250 questions on the exam which come from a much larger pool of questions. I feel that some questions are straight forward best choice, while others are scenario based.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just to further expound on item number 2, my test was predominantly physical security, telecom and network security, and framework. As mentioned, every exam is different.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Of the 250 exam items, only 225 count in the exam score. The other 25 are research questions that may be used on future exams. It not possible to tell the difference on the exam.

I've also noticed that people tend to best remember the exam items they had the most difficulty with. For example, if someone remark that they had a lot of crypto and BGP/DRP on their exam they probably had problems answering those types of items.
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    JDMurray wrote: »
    ...I've also noticed that people tend to best remember the exam items they had the most difficulty with. For example, if someone remark that they had a lot of crypto and BGP/DRP on their exam they probably had problems answering those types of items.

I resent that! I don't know about you, but I got all my answers correct (since I've never been told otherwise). :p
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
    I've also noticed that people tend to best remember the exam items they had the most difficulty with. For example, if someone remark that they had a lot of crypto and BGP/DRP on their exam they probably had problems answering those types of items.

Or, they remember what category they had more questions concerning...
    RTmarc wrote: »
    Or, they remember what category they had more questions concerning...
    I think most exam candidates are more concerned with answering questions correctly than they are counting and categorizing the exam's items. I know that the objectives on these exams are very evenly distributed, so when I hear a person say there were a lot of questioning on specific domain, I know that's from their exam-time perception and not from an accurate accounting.
    I think most exam candidates are more concerned with answering questions correctly than they are counting and categorizing the exam's items. I know that the objectives on these exams are very evenly distributed, so when I hear a person say there were a lot of questioning on specific domain, I know that's from their exam-time perception and not from an accurate accounting.

EDIT: nevermind