Options

*TechNotes* Network+

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ok, I just uploaded the updated version of Netware OS and Protocols TechNotes...

...which means all of the online Network+ TechNotes are now updated for the N10-003. I know, took me a loooong time. I wrote the first version of the Netware TechNotes above exactly 4 years ago... Most of the 'updating' actually meant adding additional paragraphs or entire TechNotes, so the PDF will be longer too.

Before I 'construct' the PDF, there are a couple of sections I want to improve. I'll probably publish the PDF next week. The old PDFs for the 2001 objectives are now no longer available.
  • Options
    The PDF with all the N10-003 Network+ TechNotes combined is now availabe!

Click the image or link below for more information.

N10-003TN.jpg

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Just printed this out.
    Thanks Johan!
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Very nice Johan...just as good as I what I used a few years back, if not better!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Thanks Ricka, it's download 500 times already since I put the updated version online :D
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Webmaster wrote:
    Thanks Ricka, it's download 500 times already since I put the updated version online :D

And likely 500 very happy readers :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    mrlogic0mrlogic0 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I must say that this guide is excellent and better than some that I've paid for! Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great guide! Wish you had it completed a few months ago. Would've made it a lot easier for me to print. icon_twisted.gif I'm jealous of everyone sitting N+ from now on!
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • Options
  • Options
    THE COMPUTER WIZZTHE COMPUTER WIZZ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BRO YOU HAVE ANYTHING FOR THE 2005 objective
    A+(2003) CORE 863 OS 900
    N+ NEXT
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    BRO YOU HAVE ANYTHING FOR THE 2005 objective

Please do not use CAPS.

If you review the PDF you will see that the PDF is on the current objective set. The year 2005, 2006, 2007 is a more recent way the exam vendors (some) have begun to use to distinguish the year a candidate attempted the exam.

The key ID is N10-003.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    evangeline_eleanorevangeline_eleanor Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is this: www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml enough to pass Network+ certificate?

Thanks for reply
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Is this: www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml enough to pass Network+ certificate?

Thanks for reply
    It is a good start. I would use them as review notes rather than the main focal point. It will also depend on your level of experience too.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    FuelInjectedFuelInjected Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□

Thanks for reply

As the poster before said, it's a great compliment to a good book (such as the Sybex one). I used both and passed a couple weeks ago.

If you have a lot of experience in the area, however, maybe you can get by with the TechNotes alone, but I'd still get a text or two to hedge my bets.
  • Options
    Good advice guys, that's how the TechNotes are meant: as an 'additional' study tool. We always recommend you use more than one product (i.e. book, CBT, course) for any exam because there's isn't one that covers it all.

In many of the "I passed"- posts in this forum you can read what others think of the TechNotes and how they used them. Some read them first, others read them as a review, others use them on the side to get an alternative explanation. The latter is really the main purpose from my point of view. Reading the same thing twice but differently worded, different examples, different style/format etc can help a lot to make the material stick.

Personally I think it is doable to pass the Network+ exam by reading (and learning and understanding) just my TechNotes, they do contain as much text as a full text book (just more on one page, and less fluff and repetitions), and regardless of experience (Network+ covers mostly concepts anyone here can learn from scratch). But, considering the cost of the exam, and that the goal should be more than passing alone, I wouldn't recommend it (unless you already hold a CCNA for example). Exam Cram, Sybex, or Mike Meyer's book combined with my TechNotes seems to be a successful combi.

Good luck with the exam!
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    +1 for the download count :)

Nice site here guys. Its obvious alot of thought and effort goes into keeping it maintained.
  • Options
    anthonynzanthonynz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Johan, your technotes are very well written and easy to understand, i am about to sit N+ down here in New Zealand, i did most of my study on skillport which is great, but your notes are just as good !! It's great to have a different source for my study, Keep up the great work, thanks rgds anthony
  • Options
    Serge212Serge212 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Johan,

I'm fairly new to IT, found this site a few months ago and have found information on every subject I think of.

Last week I took my Network+ and scored 825. I used your Technotes together with "Exam Prep 2" (Exam Cram), "The Complete Guide to Networking and Network +" (Michael Graves) and quite some Google.

I think your Technotes are great explaining network devices (collision and broadcast domains) and TCP/IP, Security and authentication protocols plus all the diagrams and pictures! and it also helped me out where I needed it the most: OSs!!!

Thanks!
  • Options
    GettinpumpedGettinpumped Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im using the tech notes now along with the Exam Cram 2 and some other sites I've found by reading the forums here. The tech notes are really helping me out. I'll read a little on the exam cram then read the same topic in the tech notes. Really good stuff here.
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I found a typo under the OSI data link layer; I think you meant "taken off the wire" rather then "taken of the wire".

Great notes btw, it can be put my Mike Meyers book to shame with the way you explain things on there. Things fit together quite a bit better then my book too.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback :D I'll fix the typo asap.

Johan
  • Options
    vtec9446vtec9446 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Technotes was the best resource I could have ever found, Thanks...
  • Options
    b1ackout_1981b1ackout_1981 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks a lot. Short and sweet. Will definitely help.
  • Options
    nmqtabtnmqtabt Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is a great technotes and I learned a lot from it. Thanks much Johan for your tremendous time to contributed this notes to us. Appreciated it. icon_lol.gif
    Don't fear to climb to a position, you will get there one day. Do your best...
  • Options
    ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    Is there a problem with the technotes.pdf? I can't download it whether this is Firefox or IE.
  • Options
    Hello,

I just checked the download link on:
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml
    and it seems to work fine. If you used a link from another page or still cannot download it please let me know.

Thanks,
    Johan
  • Options
    ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    The link works but when I download it and try to open it, it just closes. All my other .pdf files work just fine. I am using foxit pdf reader.

Update. I updated the foxit pdf reader and now I can read it. So if anyone else is having this issue just update your pdf reader.
  • Options
    blackeggblackegg Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info! I'm just starting out and will use everything I can to further my learning.
    Onward to Net+ and Security+!
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary...those that do and those that don't!
  • Options
    mitchloganmitchlogan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The link is giving me trouble also. Tried multiple ways to get to it, but only 30K are downloaded..

M
  • Options
    Vancity.rigelVancity.rigel Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good afternoon,

I am studying for the N10-004, is there any chance on this file being updated anytime soon? If not any suggestions on what is more relevant and what things are no longer on the exam or no longer focused on as much. I really do not want to cram my brain too full of things that may not be on the exam.