Windows 7 exam

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
How long do you think it will be until the Vista exam will be superceded by the Windows 7 exam

Just curious because by the time I get round to taking this exam Windows 7 may be out

Comments

• mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would imagine it would be a few years yet!
    The vista one hasn't superceeded the xp one yet really! :)

The vista one is worth doing as its arguably the easiest one on the mcsa/mcts track.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You will not ave to worry about this. The Windows XP exam has not even been slated for retirement yet as far as I know.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    I would imagine it would be a few years yet!
    The vista one hasn't superceeded the xp one yet really! :)

The vista one is worth doing as its arguably the easiest one on the mcsa/mcts track.
    agreed - it's not like Vista is going to disappear when Windows 7 is released. There are lots of people who will be making the transition from XP to 7, but there are plenty out there who are hesitant to use a new operating system (even though it does kick booty!) and will either stick with XP/Vista or upgrade to Vista first if they haven't already.

Where I work, at a university, they upgraded everyone on campus to Vista last year and there's maybe 2-3 people who are still on XP. What I'm being told is that it's going probably be another 2 years before we upgrade to Windows 7...but something tells me that it will be more like 1 year, especially if the demand is as high as I anticipate it to be. Professors and students are already asking if they can upgrade when Windows 7 comes out this fall...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Regardless, I'd just wait until the Windows 7 exam was out and do that one anyway. I think it'd be much more useful than Vista. There's plenty of other things to keep you busy for a few months ;)