Taking Network+ after CCNA?

Element926Element926 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
How difficult would it be to take the Network+ certification after passing the CCNA?

Comments

• LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Difficulty is relative, but some of the same basic concepts are covered on both exams. You would still have some studying to do, but you would have a BIG head start. The Network+ is much easier than the CCNA.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It wouldn't be that hard. Depending on the version of the exam you might find yourself with some flashcards memorizing cables or esoteric command line options. But no little more effort than you put into your CCENT I would imagine.

Is there a reason you would take Net+? Job require it? Did you see a job posting online that needed it?

Same effort might get you skills and a certifications that are more marketable...
    -Daniel
  • Element926Element926 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Daniel, actually thats a good point. I'm only doing it as it may look "good" on my resume to have yet another certification. But if you think it makes more sense to get something else like maybe away from networking.

Any suggestion?
  • NozzaCNozzaC Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can't see the point. Network+ is pretty basic. I can't see that it would help much. People see the CCNA and will think you know the nuts and bolts of networking anyway.

What next? Depends on your goals and your job. Maybe further up the Cisco ladder. Or something OS related. Or maybe Security+?