Passed the BSCI

CptnBeerCptnBeer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Knocked out my first CCNP test yesterday on the first sitting icon_cheers.gif. It was definitely a challenge and not to be taken lightly but that makes it all the more worth while after the fact.

To study I read the official certification guide, practiced using the lab portfolio, and then ran through the **********. Once going through the AT, it highlighted what I was weak on and doubled back and solidified my understanding. I highly recommend the lab portfolio to compliment any text book you go with as it really helps you to see in motion what you read on and provides a much deeper level understanding and comprehension.

One challenge I did come across was implementing some of the multicast labs as I didn't have all the equipement necessary to completely implement their network designs which left me just reading through the exercise as opposed to fully working it. It's no wonder I scored the lowest on the multicast section of the test :D. I don't recall a ton of questions on the subject though, somewhere in the 4-6 question range. Anyway, all other labs I was able to use GNS3 without issue and I highly recommend it from a cost savings point.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I guess you didn't take the time to read the NDA at the beginning of the exam icon_rolleyes.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CptnBeer wrote: »
    then ran through the **********. Once going through the AT, it highlighted what I was weak on and doubled back and solidified my understanding.
    So you used a **** to **** on the exam.
    CptnBeer wrote: »
    It was definitely a challenge and not to be taken lightly but that makes it all the more worth while after the fact.
    If you found the exam challenging after CHEATING, then you should probably consider a new career.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
This discussion has been closed.