Options

Passed 294!

FishOnAHFishOnAH Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
While I did not score as well as I thought I should have, a pass is a pass. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to have this exam behind me and not have to squeeze in a 2nd shot before June 30th, but I did expect to do better than I did. They do really try to trick you up on this one. I was asked the items and material I expected to be asked, just in ways that will put hairs on a man's chest!

I studied MS Press Book, Transcender, and Royal's Sticky's.

2 more exams to go for the E...Elective and Design...what to do first?

We are wanting to deploy SCCM in the next few months and another guy here passed that exam with 1000, which really makes me want to give that one a shot! It appears to qualify as my elective. Thoughts? Suggestions? Should I have a beer and think about it tomorrow? icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Which design are you taking? Either one is going to be mostly review, so I'd move on to that (unless you're doing 299 for your elective, then that is good review for 298 ).

Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    FishOnAH wrote: »
    Should I have a beer and think about it tomorrow? icon_lol.gif

Always!

But seriously Congrats on passing this exam. The wording on some of the questions is indeed convoluted.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    I think I will do a design test next while everything is fresh. I was thinking 297 to just get the E before attemping E+M or E+S. I'm not sure I'd be up to the challenge if I jumped to try to get two at once.

Transcenders have served me very well for 291, 293, and 294. Anyone have experience with them on 297?
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FishOnAH wrote: »
    Transcenders have served me very well for 291, 293, and 294. Anyone have experience with them on 297?

I have them for 297, but I won't take the exam for another few days. The software itself is a bit flaky when it comes to scrolling through the buttons for the case studies - I have to resize the window a lot since some items won't show up when I have it maximized.

I like the exposure to the case study format, but it's easy to just memorize the answers after 1-2 attempts.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    Yeah, I downloaded a free preview/trial of the 297 to get a taste of the new format. It sure looks like those case/scenerio based questions really run the gauntlet of 291/293/294 material. We have quite a few of the press books for 03 and 08 at my office, didn't see one for the 297 though. Is it really just 291/293/294 asked in a different format? Just wondering for study materials since it doesn't seem that I will be learning fresh new concepts but rather applying or "design" those concepts that I have learned based on a given case/scenerio if you will.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats BTW! :D Im about 10 months behind schedule on this one, but better late than never! I cant wait to get back in to "microsoft mode"
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    297 looks like it's mostly DNS with a splash of WINS and DHCP from 291, a good chuck of the forest/tree/domain/ou/site ideas from 294, and a lot of NT4 & 2000 migrations.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, 297 should be review for you at this point (assuming you've been paying attention to design concepts and best practices along the way).
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Congratulations Fish!! Way to go! I too am glad you don't have to try and squeeze another exam in before the 30th. I found a slot but it's 1.5hrs away from where I live!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    That sucks, but hey you found a slot! Good Luck Buddy!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hey,

Congrats on passing the exam. MS exams are so wordy that I sometimes don't see them as an accurate assessment of your skills, especially hands on. :D