Ceh - chfi

wantedscorpwantedscorp Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi..i am a new memeber in this forum so incase i violate any conditions please elt me know...i guess this must be a repetative topic but still i wish my doubts are clarified....

I am from India and i wish to get into the computer investigation and forensic field....basically to investigate cases....since this is field is not so developed here ( no idea where to take real training with proper employement)...but i know this is a field which has no end and will be one of the important one with real skills required....

I am planning to go for CEH & CHFI training from a recognised institute here. The faculty there has told me that they will teach the tools in detail which are required in industry currently...and other tools will be done in short....after the two courses end we will be given training under them (internship) and we may get paid for our part on the cases provided to us.

We can then also be refered to companies for employement in security department.

Is this a fair deal?

Please help me out .

Regards
Riene

Comments

• coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forums.

Sounds like a good deal to me as long as its not too time consuming and you get done with these courses in few months. If you are a starter then it might actually be a really good thing for you. A lot of the people self study the CEH course mostly because of the exposure they get on their jobs so I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in class for such a course; suppose everything goes as you have planned it and you land a job out of it then definitely go for it.

Good Luck.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Realize that the term forensics means " the application of scientific knowledge to legal problems." A forensic computer technician or investigator not only has computer examination skills, but also needs law enforcement investigation and legal training too. You will be asked to conduct formal forensic (legal) investigations, record and preserve evidence, and testify in court (under oath) as an evidence examiner or expert witness. Because of all the required experience, it's a difficult career to get started in.
  • wantedscorpwantedscorp Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey thanks for the prompt reply.....yes i believe it is a difficult career....but i m so much interested in it that i want to get in into this....i dont care of the amount of money i earn .....but interest matters a lot to me....i am ready to put in effort and brains.....what i need is the right path....hopefully doing ceh and chfi should help me out.....and i think no knowlegde is a waste.....
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey thanks for the prompt reply.....yes i believe it is a difficult career....but i m so much interested in it that i want to get in into this....i dont care of the amount of money i earn .....but interest matters a lot to me....i am ready to put in effort and brains.....what i need is the right path....hopefully doing ceh and chfi should help me out.....and i think no knowlegde is a waste.....

if you are passionate about it then you should go for it...money will follow if you like to do what you do.