70-620 Tomorrow Morning 8am Sharp...

jhmedjhmed Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
... any last-minute advice? I've watched the CBT Nuggets videos, read the MS Press Self-Paced Training Kit book, and I bought the practice exams from Self-Test (one of the MS-approved sites).

I think I'm ready...

Comments

• mcitp_gurumcitp_guru Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey there, sounds like you should be well prepared for this exam with all the study material you have used. Its been so long since i sat this exam so i cant remember any areas that caught me off guard. I recommend just going over the new programs and features that come with vista such as windows defender and windows sidebar etc.

Good luck for the exam :)
    Check out my blog for information on the MCITP Certification.
  • jhmedjhmed Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed! Woohoo! 64 Questions, 14 Simulations and a score of 978!

My very first Microsoft Certification...

Next up, transfer my CompTIA transcripts to them to take care of my elective requirement, then write the 70-290 and 291 for my MCSA...

But first and foremost: relax for the rest of the summer.

Thanks again to everyone here!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, that's a great score. Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Great score. I just passed myself today (not with a great score but a pass none the less). You went in well prepared so I am not surprised you passed.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • ibit-mattibit-matt Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Excellent score icon_smile.gif

Working On: 70-622 | 70-290 |
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    NIIIIICE!!!! Good work to you and goforth.
    Thanks everyone for your advice and words of congrats...

I couldn't stop myself, I had to start the 290 instead of taking the rest of the summer off lol -- I had a few moments of 'Ok, now that the exam's over, what do I do with myself?' I felt lost, like I should still be studying or something... Does that happen to anyone else, or am I just a glutton for punishment?

The good thing is that I've only read 2 chapters since the MS Press book arrived from Amazon on July 3rd, so I'm taking it very slow and enjoying what little sunshine Mother Nature has granted us this year... I'll get back into full swing in September and probably write in October depending on my confidence level on the material.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Good for you! I am continuing on the the 290 myself. I am scheduled for 5 days from now but I will need to reschedule. The Vista exam was unplanned and took up a couple of weeks of study time that would have gone to the 290. With my work schedule I hope to be able to take the 290 by the end of July or early August.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Good for you! I am continuing on the the 290 myself. I am scheduled for 5 days from now but I will need to reschedule. The Vista exam was unplanned and took up a couple of weeks of study time that would have gone to the 290. With my work schedule I hope to be able to take the 290 by the end of July or early August.

Congrats to the both of you.

You were able to pass with just a few weeks of study? I guess giving myself 1 month shouldn't be a problem then.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
    TravR1 wrote: »
    Congrats to the both of you.

You were able to pass with just a few weeks of study? I guess giving myself 1 month shouldn't be a problem then.

Everyone learns at a different pace, but having said that, I spent a month or so on it. I started about the 15th of May and wrote the exam on June 22nd.
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    jhmed wrote: »
    Everyone learns at a different pace, but having said that, I spent a month or so on it. I started about the 15th of May and wrote the exam on June 22nd.

That's true, but some exams take longer than others like the 291 probably takes a few months
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
    TravR1 wrote: »
    That's true, but some exams take longer than others like the 291 probably takes a few months

Absolutely.

For me, I'm planning for 3 months for 70-291, but I'm hoping for 2... So that way if after 2 months I still don't feel that I'm ready, then I won't feel pressure to complete it because I had my heart set on a certain deadline. I did that with Linux+ and just about drove myself insane. In hindsight, I should have just rescheduled the exam and taken the extra time I needed.

My overall goal is to get MCSA by the end of Q1 2010 and then MCITP:EA by the end of Q3 2010 (but I may take the summer off and push that to Q4). That gives me a cushion of about 3 months per exam...
  • TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Nice one!
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4
  • MantarMantar Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jhmed wrote: »
    ... any last-minute advice? I've watched the CBT Nuggets videos, read the MS Press Self-Paced Training Kit book, and I bought the practice exams from Self-Test (one of the MS-approved sites).

I think I'm ready...

How did you find using the CBT Nuggets videos as prep for 70-620 test. I was thinking of getting them but wanted to know if it was worth the money

thanks