How are the CBT Nuggets for 294?

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
Okay okay. I have definitely put this off for far too long, but im finally got over the slacker hump and starting studying for this exam. I have the MS Press (thanks eMeS BTW) book, the transcender, and my lab set up. The question is, as this point, are CBT nuggets worth a damn for this exam? I seem to be a visual learner for the most part; but feel I have adequate experience and study material to pass. I have a few people's input on it, just wanted the rest of the communities thoughs.

As always, much appreciated

PS: ITS ON, Daniel333! icon_lol.gif
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wow, a few nibbles but no bites...It's apparent that they are neither good or bad. I might just skip it this go round.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry dude, I didn't use them for this. I just went with MS Press and Transcender.
    dynamik wrote: »
    Sorry dude, I didn't use them for this. I just went with MS Press and Transcender.

See what happens when you take about 10 month hiatus from TE? icon_wink.gif

Thanks. Ill probably just pass on these and save money. I should have enough experience to get through via books and lab (and work for that matter).

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I didn't use CBT nuggets for this exam either.... but I am using them for the 297 and my reaction is they are nice as a overview or 3rd or 4th resource, but for the price they aren't *that* great. One thing I've found is some of the answers on the 297 Case studies (that are downloadable in .doc format) differ from what Jeremy says when he goes over them icon_scratch.gif ....whatever that's about.

Anyways, good to see your back in the game Snadam. Go get em' tiger! icon_smile.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    I didn't use CBT nuggets for this exam either.... but I am using them for the 297 and my reaction is they are nice as a overview or 3rd or 4th resource, but for the price they aren't *that* great. One thing I've found is some of the answers on the 297 Case studies (that are downloadable in .doc format) differ from what Jeremy says when he goes over them icon_scratch.gif ....whatever that's about.

Anyways, good to see your back in the game Snadam. Go get em' tiger! icon_smile.gif

Thanks Net! It feels good to study again (as odd as that sounds).
    Im probably going to go the same route for my next exams also.

• nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi! I have the nuggets for this exam, and I'm pleased to say that the venerable James Conrad hosts the series (he's my favourite)!!

I'm still working through the MS Press book but this weekend I'll take a peek at some of the videos and let you know how it goes.

I guess some feedback from someone who has taken and passed the exam would be more valuable to you, but nonetheless, as a fellow student my input might be useful to you.

I have used CBT Nuggets for all of my previous MCP exams though, and they have proved invaluable, so I see no reason not to recommend them again for this exam (as long as you can put up with James's rubbish jokes and oddball history lessons). Myself, I find them strangely amusing.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yay! Snadam is back and actually doing some studying :D

Good luck with this one mate, I found the exam to be a bit tricky so be sure to do lots of lab work. I had the CBT's and they were OK but to be honest the book, technet, lab work and the MUST read Royal's stickies should do the trick.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln