aaa question

marcusaureliusbrutusmarcusaureliusbrutus Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi. I have configured aaa on my switch 2960 and everything is working fine. I have configured aaa authentication login default group radius local on the switch. I was under the impression that given the configuration that should the radius server go down, i would be able to authentication locally using the username and password command i also configured on the switch. But when i disabled my radius server i am unable to login to the switch anymore even by console. I tried configuring the console but when i go to lin con 0 and try to enable login local it is unknown.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I dont know how you disabled RADIUS server but try to unplug the ethernet and it should fall back to local database. For console login try this

CONSOLE is just any name you give it
    aaa authentication login CONSOLE local or line whatever you want to configure
    line con 0
    login authentication CONSOLE
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • marcusaureliusbrutusmarcusaureliusbrutus Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi. Thank you for replying. If i configure 'aaa authentication login CONSOLE local' should i still retain the 'aaa authentication login default group radius local'? Does this mean that i have two types of authentication lists?
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    yes you will have 2 types of list, the named list will overide the default list when you bind it to something like your console line
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • marcusaureliusbrutusmarcusaureliusbrutus Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi kryolla. Thank you so much for your help.