Options

Just starting on the 290

hamd01hamd01 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
After passing the 70-270 I've just starting reading through the MS Self Paced Training Kit. I use Server 2003 every day in a 10,000k user network....so I'm hoping that my experience might come in handy.

Im considering booking my exam to give me something to work towards....maybe 6 weeks? Does that sound realistic to you guys?

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess that depends on how much experience you have with your AD at work. If you do quite a bit and have been doing it for some time then yes 6 weeks sounds about right. I guess it also depends on the study materials you have and how much time you have to dedicate to learning it.

I have been studying it for 4/5 weeks now, got it booked for beginning of july.

Good luck anyway! :D
  • Options
    rookie1082rookie1082 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I started studying server 2003 on sunday and had my company schedule the exam for me for next wednesday, the 1st of july. I started studyin for the XP exam and in a little over 2 weeks I took the exam.

I do dedicate about 4 hours a night studying though.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    290 is not a difficult test, especially if you have some experience. Focus on group, user account creation, permissions for OU, Domain local, global, universal groups, printer shares. Take a look at recovery tools, backup strategies,
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I have mine in mid-July. I spend about 4 hours a night three to 4 nights a week. I work in a large evnironment and have been doing it for a few years now. I will not be taking this lightly though because the exam covers so many things that i don't actually use and haven't used.

Good luck to all
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP