Options

Have I been on the right track??!!?

Brownie1985Brownie1985 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

I have got the 70-290 exam booked for the 29th, just as I have never taken a MCP exam before I am worrying if my methods have been wrong.

I have been using CBT, MS Press Book, a virtural environment and reading through technet. I work in a IT dept but only have intermidate windows 2003 skills as most of what is covered in this exam we use third part tools, Patchlink, SNMP system monitoring, Back-up Exec, Netback-up, Citrix, Active Directory reporting, Hardware RAID solutions etc.

I learnt this over the last 4 months (following the book) and have spent last 2 months going over the objectivees one by one, just got my last bit of Objective 4 to do.

Do you guys find what you have learnt actually sticks when it comes to the exam? Just as I may not have time to go over the areas I covered previously to look for anymore gaps. Got 17-20 on practice exam on this site.

Thanks for any help or info
Next Targets:
70-294
CCENT

Comments

• Options
    MattMcNabbMattMcNabb Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm probably not the best person to answer the question, but having just passed the 290 I would say the best tool for me was Self-Test Software. The questions were very similar to the exam questions and the simulations are also really useful.
    “It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish.”
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    From your training, I would say that you are probably okay. This test isn't toughest in the bunch. If you have a little to invest in a good set of practice tests you might feel more confident. I like Transcender. I do find that the practice is tougher than the exam but at least you know you are prepared.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    Brownie1985Brownie1985 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys

I have got some practive questions from Measure-up with the Press Book along with some others from Measure-up. Not deicated that much time to them so think I will get a couple of days in.

Think if I have to take this exam again or for next one I will get some questions from transcender, I see alot of people mention them!! So gota be a good thing!!

Thanks for some pointers!!
    Next Targets:
    70-294
    CCENT