Passed 70-294

terrencewterrencew Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed today with a score of 953. This was my second attempt after failing it just before xmas with 525. I would thoroughly recommend the following book to anyone struggling with the group policy side of this exam:

Amazon.com: Group Policy: Management, Troubleshooting, and Security: For Windows Vista , Windows 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 (Mark Minasi Windows Administrator Library): Jeremy Moskowitz: Books

On my first attempt i failed mainly on group policy. After reading this book and setting up some labs using the examples in the book i was able to get my head round group policy and felt comfortable answering practice questions, knowing why the correct answer, was the correct answer.

The other materials i used were, sybex, testout and the sticky's from this forum. I also used a VMware lab consisting of a couple of dc's an xp client and freeSCO as a virtual router.

Comments

• Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    Nice Work ! what next ?
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Great score man. Good luck icon_thumright.gif.
    You are very close to the top. Keep it up.icon_study.gif
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

Looks like either 297 or 298 and you will wrap up your MCSE. Which one you going for?
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • terrencewterrencew Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Looks like either 297 or 298 and you will wrap up your MCSE. Which one you going for?

Im thinking of doing the 298 as prefer the subjet matter compared to the 297. I was under the impression i would have to do another elective as the MCDST does not count towards the MCSE? Is this not the case?
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    terrencew wrote: »
    Im thinking of doing the 298 as prefer the subjet matter compared to the 297. I was under the impression i would have to do another elective as the MCDST does not count towards the MCSE? Is this not the case?

Sorry my bad, it looks like you're correct in that you would need an elective. My apologies icon_redface.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Well done and nice score! Thanks for the tip on the GPO book, I'm gonna look into that. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Wow, what a score. I may be checking into the book that you recommended. I didn't pass today with a 548 and my bottom 2 areas by far, was related with group policy. I have to take my second shot by next tuesday so I will be studying then. I have a feeling that I will need to purchase your book. Thanks cause I didn't know where to start!
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again