MCSE boot camp

remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
I was wondering if anyone knew about some tech apprenticeship program advertised on Monster.com. I received a call from a company claiming that they are with some IT employment agency and that they will put you through a 2 week MCSE boot camp. Here is the catch. The course is 14 grand which they will give to you as a loan. There are some other stipulations also but aint 14 grand tod much? Also, is it possible to self study for the MCSE?

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    No no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!! That is such a waste of money and time(IMHO)!!! Okay, so I don't like the idea of IT bootcamps. They're really more for the seasoned professional, who just needs to tone up a bit on the M$ specifics to get the cert. If you go there without good previous knowledge, you'll be left behind, because the pace is very fast as well. Not to mention, that "loan" probably carries an interest rate that will kill you for years to come. And as far as doing it for less, or even self-study....absolutly!! Many people here are self study because they can't afford formal training(accredited schhols, not boot camps), or their employer won't pay for it, or whatever the reason. For me, I can't afford any more school. I'm self study for MCSA right now, but I know I'll probably move up to finish MCSE as well. MCMCSE.com has a great training directory. Take a look around, they're are lots of products to get you started.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Thanks, I wasnt going to do it, I just wondered about it. But thanks about the info about the MCSE. I have studied for both of my certs on my own and I was just wanting to get an idea about the MCSE. How long do you think it takes someone to study for it. I have a couple years of helpdesk support experience and I have my A + and Network +.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You want to go for MCSA first. It's bit less to start, and can maybe be enough to get you in the door, until you complete MCSE. In addition, your A+ and N+ can be used as an elective with MCSA, leaving only exams 70-210(Win2K)(or 70-270, Win XP), 70-215,and 70-218. You can get more info about MCSA here.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    I just purchased Mike Meyers MCSA all in one book. I have read Mike Meyers A+ and Network + to get my certs, is there any other book that you would recommend. What do you think about the Que books? I received a Que book for the Network + after I had already passed, from a friend and it reads pretty good. I like it better than the Mike Meyers book. What do you think?
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    How are you finding the Mike Meyers book? I qwas looking at getting it myself? At the moment I'm slugging along with some sybex ones, but I find the style of them really doesn't seem to suit me, so I was thinking of getting something different.
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
    Go to amazon.com they have all types of books there. That is where I found the book.
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Thanks man I'llcheck it out :)
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    14 grand for 2 weeks ... I wonder how many suckers they get to fall for that.
    Enough to where they see that it is lucrative for them to keep pursuing those suckers. lol
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    14 grand for 2 weeks, I should open up my own boot camp. lol