70-290 scheduled for this Saturday

BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am scheduled to take this exam this Saturday an I am REALLY REALLY N-E-R-V-O-U-S. My problems, however is that I am not a good test taker and having issues decyphering what the question is asking in the multiple choices (especially the NTFS/Share questions). The sims I can do all day long no problems.
Is there any techniques to this? I have tried writing down and sort of "graphing" what the question is asking and only that helps sometimes. Are the questions more straight-forward on the exam?
On Transcenders, I am scoring in the 60's, so I guess I am close, just frustrated, because I feel that I know the material because I can lab/sim them no problem.
Any help and advice to help soothe the nerves would be great. Thanks

BreadFan
Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

Comments

• gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Well, the 70-290 seems to be more straight-forward, and not so tricky (unlike the 70-270, which I had to read the questions very carefully).

Also, Transcender is always harder than the actual exam. If you score in the 70's on Transcender, that usually means you're ready for the test.

Lastly, you pretty much want to study all the subjects that the test require, but study backups, Active Directory Users and Computers, and group nesting the most.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Gravy,

I hope you are right about the questions being more straight-forward. These 4-paragraph questions are killing me. The 70-620 questions seemed very cut and dry and I am hoping for that here too.

Judging from my scores and score breakdowns on Transcenders, my weak areas seem to be NTFS/Share perms and IIS/TS. Thanks to James Conrad of CBT Nuggets, I now have a good hold on backups.

I have 2 more days to get my $%#$ together before my 9:30 am EST Saturday morning exam 6-27-09.

I will be studying and praying HARD. In case I forgot, thanks to everyone on here who gives the good advice and makes it fun to visit this site all day long bowing.gif

BreadFan
    Mark Twain

• goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    WIP: CCNA
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Update:

I Passed Woo Hoo icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

As all who have said before, the exam isn't as bad as the questions on Transcenders.
    I had 44 questions and 4 or 5 sims
    Question sets were a mix of everything but mainly seemed to concentrate on permissions and backup.
    I did have a few that I thought seemed impossible to answer (i.e. I saw none of the choices as the correct one).

I am taking about a month off to chill (I think I am burned out as this was my fourth IT exam in a month). Time to do some house/lawn chores and then it's off to the 291 to tame Ole Beasty.

Good luck to all who are studying for this one and thanks again to all who helped me pass this one.
    Mark Twain

• skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    awesome, congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□