Question on 70-620

t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
I am about to take the 620 on Monday of next week. I have just been reading the Self-paced book. I also have the CBT nuggets on vista as well. I was wondering if I just watching the videos would be enough. I mean I still have a lot of reading to do, but does anyone have success stories passing this exam just by watching the videos?
Knowledge is Power.

Comments

• megatran808megatran808 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    I am about to take the 620 on Monday of next week. I have just been reading the Self-paced book. I also have the CBT nuggets on vista as well. I was wondering if I just watching the videos would be enough. I mean I still have a lot of reading to do, but does anyone have success stories passing this exam just by watching the videos?

Watching the Videos alone is "NOT Good enough" I just took mine today. The videos can only cover so much. I would do the CBT nuggets and the book the very least.

Good Luck with your test!
    "Love your Job, but never fall in love with your company....because you never know when your company stops loving you!"
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    This is by far not the most difficult exam, but it can be hard to pass without proper preparation. Videos rarely give enough detail to pass an exam and master all the topics. If you've already got the MS Press book, and if you don't have time to go through it before your exam time Monday, I say delay the test until a later date - take the time to properly prepare (especially given that Second Shot is gone after this month and you'd have to pay for a second try out of pocket) and go take it when you're ready.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    It is actually a free voucher which the second shot offer will not apply to me. I will still take it and see how I do. I will just have to cram as much as possible. Luckily I have been using vista since it came out. Hopefully I pass.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    If it is a free voucher and you are going to do it any way, you might as well make the most out of it. Take your time with each question. There is no rush. Go through the sims until you are confident that you have it right and go back and reset them before doing them for the last time. They are mostly common sense so if you have used Vista a good deal then you should be thankful to have as many as possible. Know the basic requirements to run Vista in basic and Aero. Be sure to know about upgrading and dual booting with Vista. You can pass with that. You won't score great but you can pass.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I found this to be the easiest exam so far. BUT, I would read the book and do some of the hands-on exercises as there are a fair amount of sims - easy if you have the hands-on.
    I was thinking about reading more on the new features vista comes with (ie. Windows Sidebar, Calendar, Mail, meeting space) to name a few. I will try to skip around a little. But, i will try my best to finish the book.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had the MS press book that I borrowed from the library but I hardly read past chapter 2 because it was so dry.

What I did was watch the CBT Nuggets video, and while watching when I see something in Vista that I don't know about, I would right away pause the video and play with vista (since I'm running vista any way).
    I find doing that really helped. While watching the video, if you have something that you don't understand, don't wait. Pause the video and search online, you'll get pretty much all you need.

That's just my opinion... Of course, this vista exam was my first too, and maybe soon I'll be going for other ones. Who knows. :)

Good luck.
    Thanks for advice. I am guessing you were a success when you did that.
    Knowledge is Power.