LinkedIn profile link in Resume

coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
Would you do that, good idea? bad idea?

I haven't done it but thought it would be good, the employer can contact your connected people for reference; could be a positive thing.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    a very good question, i was googling around trying to find info on this as well.
    Anyone any thoughts or has anyone done this before and had it mentioned at any point?
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've got it in mine as it's regarded as legitimate contact information these days, be prepared to get alot of requests from randoms i.e. recruitment agencies.

I usually reject them! No point in having a load of recruitment agents who contact you once in your connection list (unless you actually know them or if you're a contractor), especially if your connections are open to browse to your contacts.
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    malcybood wrote: »
    I've got it in mine as it's regarded as legitimate contact information these days, be prepared to get alot of requests from randoms i.e. recruitment agencies.

I usually reject them! No point in having a load of recruitment agents who contact you once in your connection list (unless you actually know them or if you're a contractor), especially if your connections are open to browse to your contacts.

I recently had such an incident. I was contacted by recruiter (through LinkedIn) for a CISO position, even though my professional experience only about 1.5 years, so I told her that it is nice that you contacted me regarding this but I don't think the company would want to hire a CISO with 1.5 years of experience.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes I list it in mine. I include a couple of quotes from some recommendations and encourage the reader to look at my LinkedIn profile to see more of them.
    astorrs wrote: »
    Yes I list it in mine. I include a couple of quotes from some recommendations and encourage the reader to look at my LinkedIn profile to see more of them.

That sounds like it could have positive impact; I am putting it in mine from now on.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    coffeeking wrote: »
    That sounds like it could have positive impact; I am putting it in mine from now on.
    Just make sure you have a complete profile filled out on LinkedIn, I've seen people link to nearly empty profiles and that's just silly. Have a look at mine if you want - Andrew Storrs - LinkedIn - it's also important that if you're going to post a link to it, make sure you make everything public! ;)

astorrs wrote: »
    Just make sure you have a complete profile filled out on LinkedIn, I've seen people link to nearly empty profiles and that's just silly. Have a look at mine if you want - Andrew Storrs - LinkedIn - it's also important that if you're going to post a link to it, make sure you make everything public! ;)

Andrew, I have looked at yours, since we are LinkedIn, and have to say that it is quite detailed and impressive. I know what you mean though; no point putting it on your resume if you it hidden or has minimum information. I plan to update mine and then use it, as of right no mine has very minimum information.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Not only is my LinkedIn URL on my resume, but I also have it in my TechExams post signature.

TechExams has a LinkedIn group that all TE members are invited to join. Just search for it in the Groups section at LinkedIn and join. Then post your TE handle in the TE group discussion section to let everyone else know that you are on.
  • LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »

TechExams has a LinkedIn group that all TE members are invited to join. Just search for it in the Groups section at LinkedIn and join. Then post your TE handle in the TE group discussion section to let everyone else know that you are on.

Cool didn´t know TE had a group, just joined it.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There's a TechExams group on Steam too, but there's not many TE people in it right now.