Power setup for a Cisco Lab at home.

PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
Hi Folks,

I was wondering how all of you who have Cisco Labs setup in your home manage the power requirements for your devices.

I have 2 x 2950 Switches and 5 (3 x 2500 series, 2 x 2600 series routers) now i have an 10 plug extension cable. The power supply to my home is 110v do i need anything else to keep the kit running smoothly?.

Any help would be great.

My concerns are the load im putting on the supply from the plug in the wall.

Regards

Eamonn
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I couldn't quickly find how many amps the 2950's draw on Cisco's website but the 2500's list from 0.5A to 1.0A and the 2600's list at 1.0A.

That being said, a typical circuit in a home is 15 or 20 amps. I have my router rack on a 20 amp circuit and I have a lot of gear on there. There are 8 2500's, 2 2600's, a 2950 switch, a 3500 switch, two 2900xl switches, two PIX 506E, a PIX 501. My home network runs on that circuit too which is a Linksys VPN router, HP ProCurve switch, and 3 servers as well. I don't have any issues when it's all on and running.
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Thank Folks,

Sorry about the late reply, busy week at work.

I appreciate the information you both have given.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University