Options

Should I keep taking CCNA classes?

NickRossNickRoss Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a question about the value of a CCNA certification, I have taken the first half of the CCNA academy classes and am trying to decided weather it is worth my time to continue. Would a CCNA really be useful for a twenty year old with very little experience? I have some experience, I had an internship in high school where I helped to install labs around the campus and I have been working with computers my entire life but I don’t have any real solid work experience. Would it be possible for me to get a PAYING gob if I got my CCNA, I simply can not afford to work for no pay at this point in my life, neither can I afford to take classes that are not going to help me. Please I would love your opinion.

Thank you for your time

Nick

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    stick with the academy! and you should go for the ccna too.

true, you may be lacking experience, but having the cert will be good enough to open doors somewhere. i promise.

employers also like staff who are willing to learn and improve - if you got an interview tomorrow and you told them that you were quitting the academy and not going to bother with ccna, they wouldn't shortlist you ;)
    A+ Moderator