CISSP Audio MP3 Training?

Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
Does anyone have any references or sites where i can purchase CISSP training via audio? This would be great to load onto my ipod while working out at the gym or driving.
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Check preplogic.com. They had an audio quiz and tutorial product for CISSP.

Update: There appears to be only an audio lecture series for the SSCP. The CISSP only has audio quizzes. ISC Exam Training: CISSP Certification Training

Shon Harris has a set of free CISSP training videos that can be ripped to audio. They are available at the bottom of this page: Security School Course Catalog from SearchSecurity.com
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I ripped my Shon Harris DVDs into audio tracks. Shon also sells just the audio only on her site, and I am fairly certain that it is also a rip of her DVD audio. Anyhow, the content is excellent and the audio alone without the video is still very good.

Computer-Based Training, Online Courses, Self-Study Solutions - Logical Security eStore

As JD mentioned, PrepLogic also has audio, but I haven't heard anyone raving about it. Based on my past experience, I am not a fan of PrepLogic audio.
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    Listening to the Shon Harris MP3s was one of the most important study aids I used for the CISSP (other than the Shon Harris AIO).

I watched some of the DVDs, but only the big domains.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Listening to the Shon Harris MP3s was one of the most important study aids I used for the CISSP (other than the Shon Harris AIO).

I watched some of the DVDs, but only the big domains.

I agree. The same worked for me.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Thanks All. These links were very helpful. I think Shon Harris MP3 will be my directions. Thanks again!!
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you take the SANS bootcamp for the CISSP, they have an audio set as well.
  • kctxaukctxau Member Posts: 130
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Check preplogic.com. They had an audio quiz and tutorial product for CISSP.

Update: There appears to be only an audio lecture series for the SSCP. The CISSP only has audio quizzes. ISC Exam Training: CISSP Certification Training

Shon Harris has a set of free CISSP training videos that can be ripped to audio. They are available at the bottom of this page: Security School Course Catalog from SearchSecurity.com

Can you narrow down the actual free video link? I see nothing that I recognize as free videos.
    Thank-you.
    kctxau wrote: »
    Can you narrow down the actual free video link? I see nothing that I recognize as free videos.
    Thank-you.
    The ten links at the bottom of the page lead to the Web page for each video. The videos are embedded in each web page.
  • kctxaukctxau Member Posts: 130
    Thank-you, for the reply. I was using FireFox, the video would only dispay in IE.
    kctxau wrote: »
    Thank-you, for the reply. I was using FireFox, the video would only dispay in IE.
    You need to update Flash in FireFox. Flash auto-updates in IE, but in FF it's a manual update.
  • janus512janus512 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know this is a very old thread, but in case someone else stumbles across it...

When searching for some audio resources to help me with the CISSP exam, I found a couple of books on audible.com. Search for 'cissp' and two hits will turn up - 'Simple CISSP Exam Guide' and 'Simple CISSP Exam Questions'. The print versions are available on Amazon. Great resources to use in the car or when exercising.