Taking SY0-201 on Monday

JFCJFC Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I'm scheduled to take the test on Monday. And I'm really nervous. I've been studying for the past month and I'm still not that confident that I'll pass. I've been thru the Sybex book twice. I'm also using the All-in-One Security+ Exam guide, Passport 2nd ed, Technotes from here and all the practice tests I could find. I also got my hands on CBT Nuggets (haven't watched them yet). I'm pretty much just going thru each objective and each component and writing down notes for the ones listed. Is there anything else I need to do to pass on the first try? I've read a lot of posts where people fail it the first time and I can't afford to re-take it (I'm broke!).

Comments

• CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I would use the CBT Nugget videos to cover some of the objectives that you are the least comfortable with. I think sometimes when you see the material from that point-of-view, it might become become more familiar to you.

You still have a almost an entire week still before your exam, so there's still time to review. Otherwise, I think you are on the right path. I plan on taking my SY0-201 by mid-July. I'm using the Exam Cram and Sybex books as well as the material both here and on www.proprofs.com.

Good Luck!
  • JFCJFC Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually took the test today and was done about half an hour ago. I am now Security+ certified (barely passed with a 770)! It was a lot harder than I thought it was gonna be. I studied for a good month and thought I had the material down. But there were some questions on there that I didn't expect. So here are the topics you should really study on:

- virtualization
    - NAT
    - IDS
    - cryptography
    - encryption
    - VPNs

The first two kind of threw me off, but I knew them from when I was studying for Network+. Good luck to future test takers!
  • ats3ats3 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats and thanks for the info.

KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • blackeggblackegg Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Job! Thanks for the added info...
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary...those that do and those that don't!
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on your pass....something else to note about the exam too, make sure you know the difference between encryption and hashing. I've seen on many practice exams where they will ask you to select the fastest encryption type and then list 2 forms of encryption and 2 forms of hashing...def a good way to trick you.