I didn't let you down

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
It's OK buddy, I didn't let that voucher go to waste. I passed 70-351 with a "perfect" 700, just for you ;)

I made a lot of stupid mistakes on this one. I realized early-on that not reviewing the system requirements was a bad idea. I primarily used ISA 2004 resources (Nuggets, Transcender, Syngress) because I heard it was essentially the same exam as the 2004 version. I assume this is the case since neither Transcender or CBT Nuggets (or anyone else from the looks of it) bothered to release updated products. However, I felt like I was not that well prepared for this one. I probably should have gone through the ISA 2006 Technet resources or found some other resource specific to 2006. I did get the 2006 Syngress book as well, but it was nearly identical to the 2004, and much shorter.

This exam also requires that you have cursorary knowledge of Exchange, Sharepoint, etc., so I would encourage beginners to become a little more experienced with various MS technologies before attempting this one.

The exam itself sucked on its own too though. Lots of trivia. You definitely want to be very familiar with the interface since you will get questions about crap like that. There was one question that literally had identical answers except for the phrasing of a button (and they were all synonyms). Weak.

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Dude, knock it off.

This is getting old telling you this but....Congrats. icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Dude, knock it off.

This is getting old telling you this but....Congrats. icon_wink.gif
    I know, I should just cache "Congrats dynamik!" somewhere so it will save me some typing! icon_lol.gif

Anywho...Congrats dynamik!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    *sigh here we go again*

*cough* Congrats dynamik!!!

Seriously though, good job fella icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    The problem I had is that first the voucher was given to someone who couldnt use it in the timeframe left, and then the voucher was given to someone who has SO many damn certs that his "certifications:" portion of his profile looks like an MD5 hash!!

Oh well atleast you passed ;)icon_lol.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Giving aid based on actual need? Where does that happen!? It's all about who you know, dude!

Actually, I'm mid-divorce, a few weeks from being homeless, and have lost some hours at work, so things aren't particularly rosy over here. icon_lol.gif

I would have normally let that go to someone else.

It doesn't seem like you're doing too bad, so you're not going to get any sympathy from me ;)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, buddy. Oh, and you're welcome, twice-removed. icon_wink.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Congrats and keep up the good work! Gives hope to those of us that are on the first part of the certificate treadmill.
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Congrats on yet another pass.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    dynamik wrote: »
    Giving aid based on actual need? Where does that happen!? It's all about who you know, dude!

Actually, I'm mid-divorce, a few weeks from being homeless, and have lost some hours at work, so things aren't particularly rosy over here. icon_lol.gif

I would have normally let that go to someone else.

It doesn't seem like you're doing too bad, so you're not going to get any sympathy from me ;)

In my defense i didnt know about the raise until after that voucher was given out.

In the end im just glad the voucher wasnt wasted.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    in 10 months time, you get ~3-5 exams in; maybe even more? Know what I got in that time? DRUNK!!! icon_lol.gif

seriously though congrats.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    snadam wrote: »
    in 10 months time, you get ~3-5 exams in; maybe even more? Know what I got in that time? DRUNK!!! icon_lol.gif
    Sounds like snadam and I take the same cert-classes. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Jordus wrote: »
    the voucher was given to someone who has SO many damn certs that his "certifications:" portion of his profile looks like an MD5 hash!!

You're thinking of astorrs not dyanmik
    shednik wrote: »
    You're thinking of astorrs not dyanmik

Oh, SNAP! icon_lol.gif

It's true though...
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    dynamik wrote: »

I'll trade you a house, job, and a slightly used wife...

Sometimes I think people who live in tiny cabins in the woods with no electricity have it right. Life is a grind and average people nowadays will not be able to retire until they're too old to go the bathroom by themselves. All this work and stress, for what? Material posessions and fancy meals?

After I finish my steak and check my new Blackberry, I am going to give this some serious thought. :)
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    LarryDaMan wrote: »

Sometimes I think people who live in tiny cabins in the woods with no electricity have it right. Life is a grind and average people nowadays will not be able to retire until they're too old to go the bathroom by themselves. All this work and stress, for what? Material posessions and fancy meals?

After I finish my steak and check my new Blackberry, I am going to give this some serious thought. :)
    I've been tempted to move up to VT & get a cabin in the woods & run away from it all...but then I remember I was born & raised in NYC and that I am not so fond of bugs and I really like flush toilets & electricity! icon_lol.gif

I have been known to occasionally go to VT and hang in a family cabin, and its always a welcome retreat. But then I am also very happy to return to my home with warm showers and electricity and the warm glowy glow of monitors/TVs...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
    LarryDaMan wrote: »

I agree. It's actually been a great opportunity to reevaluate my priorities. I could have divided our possessions equally, but I just let her keep all that crap because I was sick of the clutter. I'm definitely simplifying things from here on out. However, there's no need to take things to an extreme either. I'm totally going to use my iPhone to find a sushi place tonight icon_lol.gif
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass. sorry to hear about the other stuff. icon_sad.gif