2650xm?

cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
Hello everybody, one of my friends offered me a 2650XM 128MB Memory and 32MB Flash, is it a good deal? Should I grab it? Thx In Advance...

Comments

• captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Does offered mean free? 2650xm would be useful throughout your Cisco studies.
  • cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    Wahhhh Sorry dude, forgot to mention it's for 120$, what did i drink! Thx for ur reply captobvious..
    Anybody? Is it a bad price? If that's the case, what's the maximum amount should be paid for it?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just do a bit of research on eBay and some other sites. It usually varies a bit, depending on the phase of the moon, and similarly critical factors.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    Just do a bit of research on eBay and some other sites. It usually varies a bit, depending on the phase of the moon, and similarly critical factors.
    Don't forget the varying prices depending the number of bumps on the buyer's ass.

Anyway, $120 for that router is not a bad deal, that's about what you're going to find on eBay. Of course, on eBay, you'll also get charged an arm and a leg on shipping if you're buying a single unit, so it might be a very good deal. As dynamik said, do a quick search on eBay to see what comparable prices are and try to get your friend to knock down the price as much as possible anyway.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Moon, Bumps and Asses?! hmm....Enough talking about politics guys... Seriously though, check this out Cisco 2650XM CallManager Express Router CME 4.1 - eBay (item 220443908476 end time Jun-29-09 22:05:08 PDT)
    cerberos wrote: »
    Moon, Bumps and Asses?! hmm....Enough talking about politics guys... Seriously though, check this out Cisco 2650XM CallManager Express Router CME 4.1 - eBay (item 220443908476 end time Jun-29-09 22:05:08 PDT)
    Yeah if you don't mind throwing in extra DRAM. That will probably get it closer to $120 BEFORE the shipping charges!

c2600-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin
    Ya captobvious that's true, but I'm not going to use it for voice at least for now, I'm going to erase this IOS Image and update it with an Advanced Security Image, which is good to go with 128MB Memory and 48MB Flash. Also, the Seller confirmed that it comes with the 12.2(8r) Bootstrap, so maybe i can get a 128MB DIMM for $13 or so off Ebay... The picture has a Console Cable, wish he will add it and not to tell me it's only an old picture...Thx alot captobvious.
    Ya captobvious that's true, but I'm not going to use it for voice at least for now, I'm going to erase this IOS Image and update it with an Advanced Security Image, which is good to go with 128MB Memory and 48MB Flash. Also, the Seller confirmed that it comes with the 12.2(8r) Bootstrap, so maybe i can get a 128MB DIMM for $13 or so off Ebay... The picture has a Console Cable, wish he will add it and not to tell me it's only an old picture...Thx alot captobvious.
    My point is they make these auctions with equipment that can't handle the IOS they have on the flash. That to me is a bad way to do business!

I've actually got a question into another seller that has the same thing going on. It'll be interesting what their response is! icon_rolleyes.gif
    My point is they make these auctions with equipment that can't handle the IOS they have on the flash. That to me is a bad way to do business!

I've actually got a question into another seller that has the same thing going on. It'll be interesting what their response is! icon_rolleyes.gif

lol, Don't worry fella, walk by faith, not by sight; they wanna make things to fit by force, wish it will boot at least so I can flush this IOS, Ebay is a source of troubles, my head man, u really can't imagine wat a headache I do have right now after struggling to get something worthy on Ebay and not to get it until the Tail Pipe! Next time, if there will be next time, maybe I can spend watever money just to only relief my head on doubting their equipments and not to say wat if and wat if not... sleeping.gif
    lol, Don't worry fella, walk by faith, not by sight; they wanna make things to fit by force, wish it will boot at least so I can flush this IOS, Ebay is a source of troubles, my head man, u really can't imagine wat a headache I do have right now after struggling to get something worthy on Ebay and not to get it until the Tail Pipe! Next time, if there will be next time, maybe I can spend watever money just to only relief my head on doubting their equipments and not to say wat if and wat if not... sleeping.gif
    My question, Doesn't the c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin IOS require 256mb DRAM?

His reply,
    No, as you can see from the screen print out it is working fine. According to cisco the max DRAM on a 2620XM is 128. icon_eek.gif

Just to show you Cavet Emptor! Feature Navigator says different!
    Hello captobvious, partialy got ya my friend, the 2600XM Series are able to support maximum of 256MB Memory and 48mb Flash by upgrading the Boostrap to 12.2(8r) or higher version, If there is higher, I really dont know if there is higher icon_scratch.gificon_tongue.gif, so yes an XM Model can support c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin IOS or even the most uptodate c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin with the right Bootstrap version to max ur Memory and Flash...
    Hello captobvious, partialy got ya my friend, the 2600XM Series are able to support maximum of 256MB Memory and 48mb Flash by upgrading the Boostrap to 12.2(8r) or higher version, If there is higher, I really dont know if there is higher icon_scratch.gificon_tongue.gif, so yes an XM Model can support c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin IOS or even the most uptodate c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin with the right Bootstrap version to max ur Memory and Flash...
    Right but the listing I saw doesn't have the 12.2(8r) bootrom or 256mb of DRAM. But they still claim that it works! icon_scratch.gif All I was trying to point out is to do your homework before buying equipment. I've been burned before! icon_cry.gif
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    My question, Doesn't the c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin IOS require 256mb DRAM?
    The minimum RAM requirements listed by Cisco aren't a hard limit. They're factoring in actual working RAM for proper usage of the equipment. Since your lab won't be carrying anywhere near that much traffic, it'll be okay. Obviously if it requires 192MB and you only have 32MB in there then it won't work.
    According to cisco the max DRAM on a 2620XM is 128
    The 2600XM used to have a maximum of 128MB. At a later point, Cisco upgraded the 2600XM series to allow for 256MB RAM. The upgrade consisted of an updated boot ROM which you could also fit into the earlier models.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Right but the listing I saw doesn't have the 12.2(8r) bootrom or 256mb of DRAM. But they still claim that it works! icon_scratch.gif All I was trying to point out is to do your homework before buying equipment. I've been burned before! icon_cry.gif
    Assuming you're talking about the 2600XM with CME, then it is running 12.4T IP Voice which has a minimum of 192MB and not 256MB. It may or may not be okay with only 128MB since you won't be running it at capacity for routing or VoIP.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Remember that in a lab environment you can TRY to use the newer (and larger) 2600XM images even on a 2600 router -- just don't be surprised if it crashes sometimes.

Booting XM Images on Non-XM 2600 Series Routers

Remember that Lab Environments are usually less demanding (and more forgiving of network crashes) than a Production Environment.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024

His reply,
    No, as you can see from the screen print out it is working fine. According to cisco the max DRAM on a 2620XM is 128. icon_eek.gif

He's not entirely wrong, they used to max out at that. Cisco changes stuff like this all the time, and unless you get their product catalogs, you probably won't notice the change until you run across a unit that has it.

lol captobvious, poor guy, I'm sorry to hear, but I did ask the seller about Bootstrap version and he confirmed that it's 12.2(8r), wish he is not ploting icon_scratch.gif, as u might noticed, the whole show version command is there with the exception of System Bootstrap's line..., some selles intend to hide this from buyer's eyes but with him I didn't see any reason, he is good to go and +1 for him, others don't put anything even the memory and flash and it drives me crazy allout.gif.

And yes Mike that's true, but not recommended unless u wanna lose some of ur routing table angel.gif, it actually works with any OS including Windows, but Windows, or any other Operating System, solves this by using the swap or page file, no HD or any other Storage Area for the running config for Cisco... While what I usually do is that I turn off alot of Sevices running in the background which I don't need it, aside from their security risk, to redeem the memory portions they are using. Is there any significant services in Cisco IOS that if u turned off it will release a good portion of the memory? And when will I move from only a Member to Senior? icon_rabbit.gificon_scratch.gif