Weather...how's yours?

Computer_Wizz_PizzaguyComputer_Wizz_Pizzaguy Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to publicly gripe about the weather...

We have ice, then 2-3 inches of snow, and we're in for 4-7 more today icon_cry.gif .

Sheista it's cold.

Nebraska Air Guard Base
Temp: 5
Windchill: -15!!!!
Wind : 20-26(Gusts 32) MPH

It's colder here than Alaska icon_eek.gif

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    E. Lansing, MI -- couple inches of ice & snow about 14 dergrees...I hate it.
  • Computer_Wizz_PizzaguyComputer_Wizz_Pizzaguy Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think i saw some snow heading up your way.... :o
  • hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    It's going to be a nice 70-75 degrees here. :)
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    It's been surprisingly warm here for the past week or so. Around 50-60 degrees each day. I expect snow anytime now...
    hhisgett Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:08 am Post subject:

It's going to be a nice 70-75 degrees here.

F/U buddy...F/U lol j/k
    here's my scary comparison

Honolulu :64
    Here : 5
    Fairbanks, Alaska : 20
    [/quote]
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    The weather forecast for NYC, about 40 degrees snow and freezing rain forecast for later icon_sad.gif

Maybe this is why I'm moving to Florida? :D
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Nome, ND Right now, they got you all beat. Anyway, here in Boston area, it's snowing, and cold, and windy, and icey. About 30, with this crap expected thru today and tomorrow.

This is reverse hell. Can it be much colder.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's been raining here for well over 24 straight hours. I have a flat roof that habitually leaks, so it is really driving me crazy. (We had a deep freeze 2 weeks ago, so the roof got its regular winter contraction but then it warmed back up so I've got plenty of new cracks to deal with.) Its supposed to turn to sleet and snow after midnight tonight; I wish it would do it sooner.
  • nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Getting a combination of ice and snow here (Toledo, OH) now... these temperatures we have been having though suck if you like to snowboard. I'm supposed to go to Pennsylvania next week to a ski resort, but I dont think they will have any snow seeing how it's going to be around 55 and rainy there for the next week.
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Nome, ND Right now, they got you all beat. Anyway, here in Boston area, it's snowing, and cold, and windy, and icey. About 30, with this crap expected thru today and tomorrow.

This is reverse hell. Can it be much colder.....

Holy sheet that's...not cold, I dont' think there's a proper explicit word for that. we're up for more snow...looks like the lil spot in Colorado is forming icon_sad.gif
    That's pretty cold...
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey - it's winter for most of you guys - what can you expect?

Down here it is summer, but you would not know it icon_rolleyes.gif I am on a break from christmas eve until the 10th and was intending to spend every second day out mountianbiking and visiting new trials ..... however it has rained at least 2 out of 3 days since christmas icon_cry.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
    Well I'm out for the day. Time to go get home before we get 4-7 more inches of snowicon_sad.gif with the 20 below windchill...anyway
    laterz
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    It is in the high 60's today in TN. We are going to get T-stroms later...Crazy January weather!!! icon_eek.gif
    And to think I've honestly considered saving for a trip to Antarctica. I would absolutely love to go, -89 or not.
    /usr wrote:
    And to think I've honestly considered saving for a trip to Antarctica. I would absolutely love to go, -89 or not.

There is a group that organizes a circumnavigation of the entire continent...how cool is that!! You start on New Zealand, and go West, stopping all along at predetermined locations. I would imagine it to be absolutly breathtaking. I could go thru 1001 rolls of film easily! I suppose the downfall is you'd have to give up 6 months of your life, and oh, it costs around 60k, per person.
    Seeing one of the most untouched places on the planet, which contains some locations which men still haven't set foot upon, just fascinates me.
    antarctica_map_circum.gif
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get very well trained and pick up a job down there on Operation Deep Freeze as a technician icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Hmmm.. so if I say I am from Orlando, that really says it all, doesnt it?

According to weather.com, the high for the next 5 days will be 80-81 degrees. Unseasonably warm, even by our standards.

We sweat 9-10 months of the year. Even an half-assed winter would be nice once in a while.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    lazyart wrote:
    Hmmm.. so if I say I am from Orlando, that really says it all, doesnt it?

According to weather.com, the high for the next 5 days will be 80-81 degrees. Unseasonably warm, even by our standards.

We sweat 9-10 months of the year. Even an half-assed winter would be nice once in a while.

haha..I think it is ok that ya'll are getting some good weather....you paid for it a few months back.....

Man if I lived in Florida, the only computer I would use would be a dive computer. icon_wink.gif

It is in the 20s in Dallas right now....Thats not right..haha
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
    wow, we just got dumped on 4-5 inches and more is expected. nice.
    Okay so yeah, this officially sucks! With about 5 inches down, and 3-5 more to come before noon, they now predict it will turn to freezing rain and ice for the remainder of the day, and night too.. Great! Just what I wanted to do, shovel ice! drunken_smilie.gif
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Okay so yeah, this officially sucks! With about 5 inches down, and 3-5 more to come before noon, they now predict it will turn to freezing rain and ice for the remainder of the day, and night too.. Great! Just what I wanted to do, shovel ice! drunken_smilie.gif

Sounds like you live next door.
    Where are you guys from anyway?

Sounds like my weather too...

Lincoln, NE
    East Lansing, MI.
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Weather sucks here!!!

Cold, snow, rain and ice.... icon_evil.gif

Westchester, NY
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
    Another WONDERFUL day in Nebraska...right.

I think I slid for 75% of the trip. And im getting the same crap that my friend(i'm staying with her cuz she's 5 minutes from base ;)) has.

*cough*
    Wow my topic broke 2 pages. Where'd you guys go? It's like 50 out tomorrow :D