Anyone taken 70-630?

KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well too much things had happen in the company I work for, so now I need to pass the next exams before thinking about MCDBA:

- 70-630
- 70-631
- 70-401
- 70-299
- 70-351

So as I'm scheduling 70-630 for early september, what advice could you give me? (how many questions, difficulty, simulations?, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, the time has come and I'm sitting for this exam in less than one hour so I'll let you know how it goes.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Good luck!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Krank wrote:
    Well, the time has come and I'm sitting for this exam in less than one hour so I'll let you know how it goes.

bonne chance!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Man, this has been the easiest exam so far!

I barely studied for a week and I scored 1000.

There were 51 questions. I studied using the MOC 5061 and readed a little on the Sybex book (wich is very good, as usual).

Well, next week I'll be sitting for the 70-631 wich I guess will be more or less on the same level.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why didn't you start with services? Sharepoint 2007 has everything services does. Man, 631 should be a breeze for you at this point.

I recently got the Train Signal CBTs for Sharepoint, so maybe I should add this to my "to do" list.

Congratulations on the perfect score icon_cool.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wow, nice score indeed!

side note: I see 'sharepoint admin' job ads frequently...hmmmm makes me think :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    dynamik wrote:
    Why didn't you start with services? Sharepoint 2007 has everything services does. Man, 631 should be a breeze for you at this point.

I recently got the Train Signal CBTs for Sharepoint, so maybe I should add this to my "to do" list.

Congratulations on the perfect score icon_cool.gif

Well in fact that's what I was going to do but I just simply sorted them by number and not by content XD.

Besides I'll "study" for the 70-631 these days because I'll teach again the course 5060A from Microsoft, basically all of the content for the exam.
  • jayvardhanpatiljayvardhanpatil Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yesterday I cleared MCTS Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Configuration (70-630) exam with 1000 out of 1000.
    Though this exam seems to be easy as compared to its sister 70-542, it is hard to pass without ****.

I have written some guidance here
    MCTS 70-630 all **** and ebook you need to clear with 1000

good luck guys
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Yesterday I cleared MCTS Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Configuration (70-630) exam with 1000 out of 1000.
    Though this exam seems to be easy as compared to its sister 70-542, it is hard to pass without ****.

I have written some guidance here
    MCTS 70-630 all **** and ebook you need to clear with 1000

good luck guys

I think that is the idea, exams are supposed to be a challenge unless you are cheating and using ****. Why dont you try studying harder and stop devaluing certs for the rest of us
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed this. It was 51 questions. Was pretty easy after studying (books, practice tests) and deploying SharePoint 2007 a few times.
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jayvardhanpatil, **** are NOT WELCOME here.
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I had a couple more vouchers set to expire on Tuesday, so I took 70-631 (WSS) and 70-630 (MOSS) back-to-back today and I'll agree with the others in that both exams are straight-forward with no surprises...

Well almost; I did have one interesting thing happen (which I've never seen before) I had identical questions one immediately after the other, and by identical I mean IDENTICAL down to the order of the answers, etc. I left a comment for Microsoft on each but I'm not sure how that particular exam got packaged like that - "whoops!" icon_lol.gif

Last voucher queued up for tomorrow afternoon (70-431).
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What did you use for your prep? I have Transcender and the Train Signal CBT. I'm debating whether a book is necessary; it seems pretty straight forward. Also, was there any unique material on the WSS exam? It seems like it would just be a subset of the other one.

Congrats on the pass and good luck with 431.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Watched a couple of the modules on the CBT Nuggets for 70-630 and yes one is basically a subset - but you do need to know what is not available in WSS. I just winged the other stuff but I'm sure the videos and some hands on would be enough for most.

Looks like I have to skip the 431 exam today icon_sad.gif

Have an offer to do some work instead so I'll just have to pay for that one later on, one of 8 vouchers wasted isn't too bad. :)
  • unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and the great score. I am sitting for this test in the morning. I installed MOSS on an old box running server 2003, skimmed through a few microsoft press books, and watched several CBT's. The material doesn't seem too difficult. It looks like a nice break from 70-290 studying.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka
  • unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed with an 894 this morning. Not too difficult of a test. I plan to take 70-631 on the next Saturday that my testing center has available.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka