Options

Voip QoS on EtherChannel

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
im configuring our LAN to support voip and was wondering what effect would "auto qos voip trust" have on an etherchannel? will there be any resets or disconnections and so on? or is this something that should be applied out of hours? :D

Thanks
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    tomsettomset Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nel wrote: »
    im configuring our LAN to support voip and was wondering what effect would "auto qos voip trust" have on an etherchannel? will there be any resets or disconnections and so on? or is this something that should be applied out of hours? :D

Thanks

Nel,

Auto qos voip trust will enable auto qos on the switch and the interface you apply it to. In my experience, this command does not bring down the interface you apply it to but I've never applied to an etherchannel. My guess is that it will not bring anything down. Do you have a test lab you can try it on?
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tweaking qos policies does not bounce ports in my experience, however never say never.

You could schedule it for lunch time or something and make the business aware via email if you give them some notice? it only takes a second to reverse it

If that part of the network is business critical then do it at the end of the day, but still let the business know incase someone is on that 5pm conference call to the States or something.

Malc
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

Ive applied it to other uplinks around the network and the interface has never reset etc but i thought it be best to make sure. i will probably do this out of hours anyway - just incase :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking