Looking for CCIE level labs to practice with CCNP knowledge

eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I just passed my ccnp well completed my CCNP, now, i went back to one of my the labs i did on BSCI and it was a little difficul since lack of practice (TAC job moved to india, so know im self employed) and well i have some of the internetwork for ccie R&S labs (provided by my ex-company ;) ) so its legal, but i was wondering if any of you have some labs that could help since CCIE labs are realy advanced and with GNS3 only there just so much you can do. I am able to run around 15 routers on my pc and have the IOS so no worries there, any help will be apreciated.

And of course if i can help you with anything reagarding CCNP/CCNA or GNS3 issues i will be more than happy to help
"Almost..... is as good as Nothing"

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You can check out Narbik's The Foundation - The Gap from CCNP to CCIE. Some pretty good technology focused labs designed to bring you up to speed.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    congrats on passing your ccnp! i would check out all of narbiks books. they are broken down into sub categories like OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, QoS and so on with the max amount of routers ever needed at about 6. That way you can get practice with all the different technologies without feeling overwhelmed at looking at a full blown CCIE level lab like from IE or IPExpert. That's what I am doing right now. I am going through the BGP labs in narbiks "gap from ccnp to ccie". I am currently studying for the BGP and MPLS exam for the CCIP. I would definately recommend getting the CCIP on your way to CCIE R&S since all the exams are topics covered on the CCIE. Anyway, I plan on finishing the CCIP by late summer/early fall and then going all out towards the CCIE R&S. I will be making my own lab using layer 3 switches and GNS3/Dynamips and also renting some rack time. Best of luck to you!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eduromer wrote: »
    I just passed my ccnp well completed my CCNP
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

You could "lab up" the Doyle book as you read that.

If you didn't use the CCNP Lab Portfolio books, you could check those out. The old CCNP Practical Studies books are another option.

The 3rd Party Lab workbook vendors also have their Technology Workbooks which should get you back up to speed on your "basic configurations."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • liquid6liquid6 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah both INE and IPExpert have Vol I (technology labs) that are very good, and you can run both in dynamips. I am personally finding the INE Vol I labs quite good, I'm moving through all the BGP labs in prep for the BGP exam next week.

liquid
    blog.insomniacnetwork.com
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    eduromer wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just passed my ccnp well completed my CCNP, now, i went back to one of my the labs i did on BSCI and it was a little difficul since lack of practice (TAC job moved to india, so know im self employed) and well i have some of the internetwork for ccie R&S labs (provided by my ex-company ;) ) so its legal, but i was wondering if any of you have some labs that could help since CCIE labs are realy advanced and with GNS3 only there just so much you can do. I am able to run around 15 routers on my pc and have the IOS so no worries there, any help will be apreciated.

And of course if i can help you with anything reagarding CCNP/CCNA or GNS3 issues i will be more than happy to help

Try Karl Solie's books, both Volumes. Pure gold and forgotten these days with the dash to Vendor lab solutions. I have both books and they served me pretty well. Probably get them used for the price of a happy meal on Amazon these days.
  • qp81qp81 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :D volume 2 will get you 200 happy meals...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    qp81 wrote: »
    :D volume 2 will get you 200 happy meals...

icon_eek.gif

I'm glad I bought mine before they (the Solie books) became a collector's item. The only volume 2 on Amazon.com is $244. At least volume 1 is reasonable at $42.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Both of the practical studies books are available for free in electronic format (unfortunately not downloadable) at the following link:

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-4601

Down at the bottom, along with another 2 books
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow so many responses in one day, i have to thank you all.

First off.

networker050184.- Great material "gap from ccnp to ccie" im guessing it would help me alot.

CCIEwannabe.- Yeah i started to look at the material from ccip, and definitely i think is the best option for the ccie to the CCIP during the way, besides mpls is a real pain for me, and i am thinking about gettin one or two layer3 switches to practice with the GNS3.

Mike, im still trying to get a look to the doyle lab up books you recomend thank

Liquid i will look for those as well since i am planning now to get the ccip BGP labs would also help a lot on that.

Turgon, i went to amazon and they are well volume 1 pretty expensive. but i read some reviews and like you said seems to be pure gold, im sure you know better, and good luck on the CCIE are you doing v3 or v4?

And forsaken thanks for that link as well great stuff.

Saludos
    "Almost..... is as good as Nothing"
  • Manuel_AManuel_A Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Excellent books, I ordered CCIE Practical Studies, Volume I & II, on 8-01-09, on amazon.com for $101.00.

Be shore to go to CCIE Practical Studies, Volume I & II scroll down to the tabs, go to the download tab, and download the Solutions to some of the labs, and the update tab for the error file.

CCIE Practical Studies, Volume II and go to the Updates Tab download the error file

I hope this helps you.
    2 x 3550s
    7 x 3725s 256/128
    1 x 2511
  • a543047a543047 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You mean you don't just automatically know all this stuff?? Blasphemy!

I personally use INE and can vouch that it is top notch material. The CoDs will also help solidify your understanding.
    CCIE #22769
    Routing and Switching
    Service Provider
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    You can check out Narbik's The Foundation - The Gap from CCNP to CCIE. Some pretty good technology focused labs designed to bring you up to speed.

The prices for most of his lab books have dropped dramatically. Notably Soup-To-Nuts, now for only $35 dollars. Almost unbeatable....
    Lab first, ask questions later