Options

Eigrp Question

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

Can anyone advise how you can actually see the feasable succesor routes. I have set up Eigrp using packet tracer and I want to see what routes Eigrp has chosen for the feasable succesor routes. The routes should be stored in the topology table so I thought I would be able to see them by running show ip eigrp topology. However this just seems to show the connected routes. Does anyone know if you can see the feasable succesor routes??

Many Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    They should be in the topology table. If they are not in there then they are probably not being elected as feasible successors. Make sure the routes are meeting the feasibility condition.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    cisconoobletcisconooblet Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep should be in the topology table.

show ip eigrp topology should do it.
    CCNA
    Network+
  • Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback this is the output from the show command. I'm not sure if I'm looking at this right are the below feasable routes? I thought this was just the connected routes thanks

Router#show ip eigrp topology
    IP-EIGRP Topology Table for AS 10

Codes: P - Passive, A - Active, U - Update, Q - Query, R - Reply,
    r - Reply status

P 172.16.0.0/16, 1 successors, FD is 28160
    via Connected, FastEthernet0/0
    P 192.168.0.0/24, 1 successors, FD is 2169856
    via Connected, Serial0/3/0
    P 172.32.0.0/16, 1 successors, FD is 2172416
    via 192.168.0.2 (2172416/28160), Serial0/3/0
  • Options
    BennyLavaBennyLava Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All 3 are successors. If the heading where it says 'x successors' is less than the number of routes listed under it, then there are also feasible successors, you can tell which are which by the FD and AD in parentheses. If you want to see all routes including non-successor and non-FS, use 'show ip eigrp topology all-links'.