Commands?

austin010507austin010507 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are there a lot of different command questions? ie. uninstall a service pack command, upgrading 98 to XP command, etc etc.

I just want to know how much I should really be paying attention to all these commands and their frickin' switches.
Any input would help, thanks!

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    1. All of these will be useful to you in your career.
    2. If it is on a practice exam like Transcender or MeasureUp, I would be sure to know it.

Keep in mind you don't have to memorize them and be able to recite them. Just be familiar enough to know what they do and recognize the switches when you see them.
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    He's right.. reciting is not memorizing. I don't know them off hand, but give it me in a question and I'll know the right command and frickin' switch.

I hate them too. Take them one command a switch group at a time and before you know it you'll be familiar with all of them.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • NozzaCNozzaC Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Everything in the syllabus is covered in the exam to a greater or lesser extent. So yes commands are covered. How many Qs you get is probably quite random but given the breadth of the subject and how few Qs there are in total - not more than 1 or 2 would be reasonble to expect. But the same can be said for all the subjects - so you have to learn them all.

Definitely worth knowing your basic IP tools like pingpath, tracert. Also the difference between winnt and winnt32 and their switches.

My advice is to learn everything in the MS Press book and you'll find the exam pretty easy.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The best commands I ever learned studying for a cert was netstat -aon followed by tasklist | find "1234" where 1234 is the proc ID. I have killed many a spyrus with these commands. Two other useful ones I like are
    NETSH INT IP RESET C:\RESET.TXT
    and
    NETSH WINSOCK RESET
    ... but I picked those up in a copy of Windows IT Pro.
    These two have also gotten me through a number of spyrus related issues as well as when a workstation is just having odd networking issues.