Finished Net+ with 785

blackeggblackegg Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the exam 06/23/09 My 43rd birthday, I figured it would be a good present to myself if I passed. I have been studying for quite a while. It definitely helps! Read, test yourself and play on a real network if you can. I learned the OSI model inside and out, learned at least 40 well known ports and read the "Tech-notes" from here at least twice...the first time highlighting the important items, then the second time going through and making sure to know them.
Security+ will be next, hopefully this fall. Thanks to all I/O from this site ;)
There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary...those that do and those that don't!

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    blackegg wrote: »
    I took the exam 06/23/09 My 43rd birthday, I figured it would be a good present to myself if I passed. I have been studying for quite a while. It definitely helps! Read, test yourself and play on a real network if you can. I learned the OSI model inside and out, learned at least 40 well known ports and read the "Tech-notes" from here at least twice...the first time highlighting the important items, then the second time going through and making sure to know them.
    Security+ will be next, hopefully this fall. Thanks to all I/O from this site ;)

Awesome. So what are you overall cert goals?
  • blackeggblackegg Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I studied hard for this pass! I really don't know where to go at this point. I work for law enforcement in their IT dept. I was a Deputy for 8.5 years and moved to the IT dept. due to injuries. I signed on for 4 more years due to them paying for classes etc... I want to learn as much as I can while I'm there, and they're very good at assisting with classes and training, books etc... I am in the process of trying to move to some computer forensics training and think that's where I'd like to go. They have me set to take some training next year on F.R.E.D. (Forensic Recovery Evidence Device) This has always appealed to me, so I'll probably head in that direction. Thats why I'll be taking Security+ next. Any ideas?
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary...those that do and those that don't!
    Thanks! I studied hard for this pass! I really don't know where to go at this point. I work for law enforcement in their IT dept. I was a Deputy for 8.5 years and moved to the IT dept. due to injuries. I signed on for 4 more years due to them paying for classes etc... I want to learn as much as I can while I'm there, and they're very good at assisting with classes and training, books etc... I am in the process of trying to move to some computer forensics training and think that's where I'd like to go. They have me set to take some training next year on F.R.E.D. (Forensic Recovery Evidence Device) This has always appealed to me, so I'll probably head in that direction. Thats why I'll be taking Security+ next. Any ideas?

I think the security+ would be a good move. I will be taking that on the 24th due to the fact the I want to work for the government and I do not have a security clearance.

I have heard that security+ is harder than net+, for this I will be using transcender and reading several books. I plan to try to log 50-70 hours of studying/transcendering (lol). How do you plan to study for it?
  • blackeggblackegg Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Once I've passed the Security+, I'm moving on to CCE (Certified Computer Examiner).
    This sounds like where I'd like to head...

... Professionalize and further the science of digital forensics

... Provide a fair, vendor neutral, uncompromised process for certifying forensic computer examiners

...Set high forensic and ethical standards

...Conduct research and development into new and emerging technologies and methods in the science of digital forensics
    Once I've passed the Security+, I'm moving on to CCE (Certified Computer Examiner).
    This sounds like where I'd like to head...

... Professionalize and further the science of digital forensics

... Provide a fair, vendor neutral, uncompromised process for certifying forensic computer examiners

...Set high forensic and ethical standards

...Conduct research and development into new and emerging technologies and methods in the science of digital forensics

Who offers the CCE? Is that through the police force or something?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    From the web site:

The International Society of Computer Forensic Examiners (ISFCE, LLC) is a private organization dedicated to providing an internationally recognized, unblemished computer forensics certification that is available to all who can qualify, for a reasonable cost.

The ISFCE continually conducts research and development into new and emerging technologies and methods in the science of computer forensics.* This development is reflected in the certification(s) that are offered by the ISFCE.

The principal certification offered by the ISFCE is the Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)®.* First awarded in 2003, this certification is the result of the ISFCE’s desire to increase the level of professionalism and further the field and science of computer forensics.

The foundation of this certification maintains a fair, uncompromised process for certifying the competency of forensic computer examiners and sets high forensic and ethical standards for forensic computer examiners.

The ISFCE is an internationally recognized organization that has certified over 1100 individuals worldwide.* Accessible to candidates worldwide, the CCE has become widely accepted as a prerequisite certification for forensic examiners, recognized by industry professionals and academic institutions alike.

The International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners - ISFCE