Options

please help

kanatkanat Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed A+ Core but failed A+ OS icon_cry.gif . I wonder if I will be asked A+ core questions on my next try or only A+ OS? I have to take exams in near future and need pass badly. Please help me with your valuable advices.
I have a book and CD for preparation. They are from David Groth and Dan Newland. Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on passing the Core exam!

Maybe your book is too old--based on the old CompTIA exam objectives.

A very good study guide is All-In-One A+ Exam Guide, Fifth Edition, by Michael Meyers. This one is based on the newest objectives.

Best of luck on your continued studies.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    minimanminiman Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kanat wrote:
    I passed A+ Core but failed A+ OS icon_cry.gif . I wonder if I will be asked A+ core questions on my next try or only A+ OS? I have to take exams in near future and need pass badly. Please help me with your valuable advices.
    I have a book and CD for preparation. They are from David Groth and Dan Newland. Thank you very much in advance!

Hi,

I have also passed the core and am now studying for the Operating systems side. I noticed a few operating system questions in the core (not at the end) so I am going to refresh my mind over some of the key points of the core before I take the OS exam :D

miniman
  • Options
    unisusunisus Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is this correct? Do they put os questions in the core exam, and do they count for any points?
  • Options
    minimanminiman Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    unisus wrote:
    Is this correct? Do they put os questions in the core exam, and do they count for any points?

From what I can remember I had 2 questions OS related in the hardware exam. I have been told that all questions count except the ones at the very end where you get the screen saying " you have finished please take the time to answer some questions for the survey"
    I wouldn't worry about it as they probably carry the minimum amount of marks. Good luck. Let us know how you get on :D

miniman
  • Options
    nathanamthornathanamthor Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kanat wrote:

I used the Groth/Newland book and passed the CH test with only a 632. I found that I still needed to reference alot of outside sources to get even that score. I have yet to take the OS test, but I'm not relying on Groth/Newland for anything other than the basics. They gloss over alot of the really important stuff (like upgrading and installing, command line syntax, etc.) and linger too much on things like networking, which after all is only a small percentage of your score.

I encourage you to reference online sources like this website, which has been extremely helpful.
  • Options
    nathanamthornathanamthor Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    unisus wrote:

I do recall some basic questions about config.sys and autoexec.bat, not much else. As to whether they count, who knows?