Cost of ordering MS Certs now.

JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
Shipping and Handling Details for Paper Certificates | born to learn

9.95 to order a cert. (yes i know 99c for every one after), but 10$ to order a peice of paper that costs maybe 15c and shipping thats probably not much mroe than the cost of a stamp is RIDICULOUS!

Guess im going digital. icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Well, it's the "going green" initiative, not the "making green" initiative. If they make the certs too cheap, people will be ordering certs left and right like before and it won't exactly be helpful to the environment, which is in theory the point here.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    I think its the "pretending were going green but actually making green" initiative.

Although, if this is how they keep from increasing the standard test fee, I suppose i can oblige.
  • babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow... that's expensive.....

I see that the shipping and handling could be $10 for express ship (but it's not express ship)....
    $1 per additional cert? I doubt the paper is heavy or costs a dollar to print..
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I guess thats just the way things are going (paperless). If you want it, budget the extra $10 in your cert fund. If not, you save $10. I suppose I will not go to fatburger for one day in order to compensate the loss icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Labor is probably a bigger cost than materials. I know I could only stuff about a dozen envelopes an hour...

Oh, and I'm fine with going paperless. That $10 would be better used for celebration drunken_smilie.gif
  • hoomi_mcsehoomi_mcse Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't like the digital type of certificates really! doesn't seems professional and the bad news is microsoft will not send paper certifications for few months. it seems that we have to wait some time to see paper certificates again.
    and welcome kits are history!
  • flurrballflurrball Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Labor is probably a bigger cost than materials. I know I could only stuff about a dozen envelopes an hour...

Better start studying for the envelope-stuffing cert, could really balance out your skills :D
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Bummer ... HHHHMMMM, I wonder if I can expense this icon_lol.gif

[EDIT] No sign of the exam cost coming down then? [/EDIT]
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Too bad that people have to pay now.