Passed my 70-621

kreyziekreyzie Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Finally i walked through this! Im moving on for my MCSA now.! Goodluck for those taking this exam.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!

What other exams have you done besides the MCDST? How close are you to the MCSA?
  • kreyziekreyzie Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed 270 271 272 621 , and studying hard for 290 and 291.. i heard that with mcdst + 621 , i can skip 2 exams for mcsa and just need to pass both core exam. am i right?
    i guess just read the books doesnt help much . i need to do some practical thingy with either server 2k3 or sybex simulator.. hope i can pass both 290 291
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, and good luck with your MCSA studies. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    kreyzie wrote: »
    I just passed 270 271 272 621 , and studying hard for 290 and 291.. i heard that with mcdst + 621 , i can skip 2 exams for mcsa and just need to pass both core exam. am i right?
    i guess just read the books doesnt help much . i need to do some practical thingy with either server 2k3 or sybex simulator.. hope i can pass both 290 291

you need to double check on the Microsoft site but I know from my own experience that the MCDST counts as an ELECTIVE for the MCSA, so you need to do the 290 and 291 to finish it off. My understanding is that you can skip one elective, as its covered by your MCDST. (note that the elective is no good for the MCSE though).
    Well 270 will count as your client exam, so 621 and the MCDST could both be considered electives. The MCDST won't count as an elective for the MCSE, but 621 will since it counts anywhere 620 does. Regardless, just 290 and 291 left for MCSA. Good luck!
    yeah just comfirm that with the MCT. all i need is to pass both 290 and 291 and im a mcsa. well now having real headache with the domain controller thing. cant get any1 to help with.. sighss..
    kreyzie wrote: »
    yeah just comfirm that with the MCT. all i need is to pass both 290 and 291 and im a mcsa. well now having real headache with the domain controller thing. cant get any1 to help with.. sighss..

What's the problem?
    thx buddy but i just solve it. regarding the dns server + AD ... i just cant enable the netbios..well i found the registry to enable them and got my DC up and studying my guides now. :)