Finally mcse and on to CCNA

ahepburnahepburn Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I must say that this exam was a bit easier that the 293, 291 and 294.... I scored 892 on the 70-298... I must say thanks to all the tech exam crew... I finally finished my MCSE and I must say that it was very difficult I fail 3 exams two to three times, but with your encouragements I got through it. thanks alot.... now on to the CCNA.

Bless the Lord at all time.... and his praise shall continually be in my mouth, my soul with make her boast in the Lord.. the humble will hear there of and be glad... o magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt his name together.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Which exam did you take? icon_lol.gif

297 or 298, I assume...

Congrats on the MCSE, and good luck with the CCNA! icon_cheers.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Which exam did you take? icon_lol.gif

297 or 298, I assume...

Congrats on the MCSE, and good luck with the CCNA! icon_cheers.gif

I was thinking the same thing, but it looks like 298.

congrats, and best of luck with your CCNA studies.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! The 298 does seem scary from a distance but isn't so bad in practice.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    snadam wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing, but it looks like 298.

Instead of replying, he edited his original post and now I look dumb(er) icon_lol.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

See you over in the Cisco Forums! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    congrats on the pass...i've been kinda mucking around with 293,294 and 298 for a few months now...I have been procrastinating...but I think i'm gonna follow your lead...get them all out the way over the next month or so...I got CCNA classes coming up here in august and would like to have mcse and ccna completed by september.

great score on 298
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, as well as your new status as MCSE. Are you planning on doing the two-exam route to your CCNA, or are you gearing up for 640-802?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ahepburnahepburn Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well am planing on doing the one exam 640-802... but what do u think? is it hard with the one exam or is it best that I do the two exams
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ahepburn wrote: »
    is it hard with the one exam or is it best that I do the two exams
    In the "old days" before the CCENT Certification it was cheaper to do the single 640-801 CCNA exam -- so a lot of people did it that way. Some people did pay more and split it up into the two exams (INTRO and ICND) if they felt they needed to focus more on a more limited set of topics during their studies.

With the updated 640-802 CCNA exam or the two exam route -- ICND1 and ICND2 -- there is not cost saving, so it really comes down to deciding if you want (or need) the CCENT on your resume.

Once you have the CCNA, the CCENT isn't as important -- but you never know what HR will consider important when you apply for a job. While the CCNA IS better than the CCENT, HR may have a listing requiring an MCSA and CCENT and ignore your resume if you didn't have the CCENT (and have it listed).

Someone without a lot of job experience to fill up their resume may want the CCENT Certification just to take up another line on their resume. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!