voice ios and memory reqirement

kothetkothet Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,I am newbie here.I need help from techexams fellows.I bought 1750 router with 32RAM and 16flash.But I can't install ios(c1700-ipvoice-mz.123-2.XC2=12921KB) that support voice feature.After I load into flash and when I reload,the error show memory requirment exceed than available.So I want to know the voice enable ios that can load in my router.icon_sad.gif

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can check out the Cisco IOS Feature Navigator
    Cisco Feature Navigator - Cisco Systems

It looks like for the 1750 running a 12.3 IP Voice Plus versions they recommend 48 meg dram and 16 meg flash. Dropping to a 12.2 version doesn't drop the memory requirements....

Sometimes on some routers you can luck out in a lab environment and the IOS will load and run in less than the required/recommended amount of memory -- but this isn't one of those times. It seems voice images are particularly snippy about the memory requirements.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Use the Cisco Feature Navigator. The only IP Voice IOS that will fit into 32MB on a 1750 is an early version of 12.2 which isn't going to be good for CCVP.
    tiersten wrote: »
    The only IP Voice IOS that will fit into 32MB on a 1750 is an early version of 12.2 which isn't going to be good for CCVP.
    So I didn't did check the 2nd page for the 12.2 images icon_lol.gif
  • kothetkothet Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, thanks very much for your suggests and reply.
    I finally manage to load voice enable ios on my 1750 router with the help of techexams fellows.
    I have another 2610xm router with 96/48.
    So I have these 2 voice enable router for CCVP.
    Do you think those 2 routers will be good enough for CCVP?

Thanks,
    For CCVP, You need Call Manager on a server. CME on a router isn't enough.

You got a DSP + CME + IP Voice in that 2610XM?
    yeah,I got 2xfxs,2xpvdm-256-4,and nm-2v.I am waiting to be received.I haven't got fxo yet.

Is VWIC-1MFT a must for CCVP?

Do I still need to put dsp in nm-2v?Is dsp embedded in nm-2v?Regarding about this one,I am still confused.

I have one laptop and one desktop with c2duo 2.6g and ram 2g.I am thinking to run call manager on that.Is it possible to run call manager on my desktop and what will be the requirement to do so?
    Is it a better way or not to do like this compared to running call manager on vmware?

Thanks in advanced!
    kothet wrote: »
    Is VWIC-1MFT a must for CCVP?
    You need to know how to configure both the analog and digital voice interfaces for the CCVP -- and the Multi-Flex Trunks are your digital interfaces. And you'd need at least another one to connect to back-to-back -- but 3 more ports are realistic if you put 2 into your lab PSTN Cloud to connect an HQ to a Branch Office. I think there was a recent thread about home lab PSTN clouds.... To connect your HQ & Branch Office you might put a VWIC-2MFT-T1 in your PSTN Cloud router.
    Do I still need to put dsp in nm-2v?Is dsp embedded in nm-2v?Regarding about this one,I am still confused.
    The NM-2V already has the DSPs built in to support the analog VIC interface cards. You don't need to install PVDMs there.

The High Density Voice Modules that support the VWIC-1MFT-T1 (and VWIC-2MFT-T1 and the E1 versions) have the slots for the PVDMs. The 1700 series routers that support voice also have PVDM slots, as well as the newer ISR Routers (which take the newer and more expensive PVDMs).
    I have one laptop and one desktop with c2duo 2.6g and ram 2g.I am thinking to run call manager on that.Is it possible to run call manager on my desktop and what will be the requirement to do so?
    Unless your desktop is a supported server model, you probably can't install CallManager directly onto your laptop or desktop.
    Is it a better way or not to do like this compared to running call manager on vmware?
    I actually have a few supported servers running various CallManager Versions -- but I still have VMWare versions that I use in my home lab and on my laptop. When I'm doing voice labs at home I'll usually just use a VMWare image. When I was first learning CallManager 4.x I used a real supported dedicated server.

Most people will just go ahead and use VMWare for their home lab CallManagers -- installed on whatever PC they have laying around that will support it. Your desktop would be fine.

And if you have the spare disk space on your laptop (and reasonable processor & memory), you might also keep a VMWare image on that to use while you're studying away from home.
    Thanks for your explanation!
    I got another problem comes in right time.
    Today I receive fxs ports and pvdm-256-4 for 1750.
    After I installed,and when I check "show voice port",it shows nothing.
    But ios recognize the presence of dsp and voice card through "show diag".icon_cry.gif
    I change with another fxs card.It is happening the same.
    Is there any specific command to type in to recognize these voice port?

Then I google it regarding about this.What I found out is that my problem is similar to 1750(-2v,-4v) problem.(router recognized the presence of dsp,voice port.pvdm ok light is off and nothing shown from "show voice port").
    Field Notice: FN - 18146 - Cisco 1750-2V and Cisco 1750-4V Were Incorrectly Shipped with PVDM-256K-4 or PVDM-256K-8 [Cisco 1700 Series Modular Access Routers] - Cisco Systems

But my router is not 1750-v router.I see "Model 1750" only at the back and bottom of my router.Or maybe I don't know how to identify 1750 basic and v model.

Any idea for me all voice experts,gurus,and..........
    PVDM-256K-x cards aren't supported in 1750. You need a 1751 or a 1760 if you want to use a PVDM-256K-x. For a 1750, you need a PVDM-4 or PVDM-8.
    Oh,I am dead.icon_cheers.gif
    Not much you can do about it apart from get a different PVDM or get a different router.

Sometimes Cisco don't officially support certain hardware configurations even though it appears to work. It is either a business decision to not support something or there is some unknown interaction which causes issues we don't know about. In this case however, it just doesn't work at all and there isn't very much you can do about it.
    Anyway,thanks a lot for explaning to my questions and problems.Techexams fellows are very helpful and friendly.:D